The new Fire TV interface has been released today and is currently rolling out to the Fire TV Stick Lite and the 3rd-gen Fire TV Stick because they are the newest devices. Amazon had previously said that other Fire TV models would also receive the new interface early next year but didn’t specify which models would or wouldn’t get it. They’ve now confirmed the full list of devices that will be getting the new interface and here it is.
Fire TV models that will receive the new redesigned interface include:
Fire TV Sticks
- 2nd-Gen Fire TV Stick (sold from 2016-2020)
- 1st-Gen Fire TV Stick Basic Edition (sold from 2017-2020)
- 1st-Gen Fire TV Stick 4K (sold from 2018-Present)
- 3rd-Gen Fire TV Stick (sold from 2020-Present)
- 1st-Gen Fire TV Stick Lite (sold from 2020-Present)
2nd-Gen Fire TV Box (sold form 2015-2017)
- 3rd-Gen Fire TV Pendant (sold from 2017-2018)
Fire TV Cubes
- 1st-Gen Fire TV Cube (sold form 2017-2019)
- 2nd-Gen Fire TV Cube (sold from 2019-Present)
Fire TV Editions
- “All current Fire TV Edition Televisions“
- Nebula Fire TV Edition Soundbar
- TCL Fire TV Edition Soundbar
3/25/21This article originaly incorrectly stated that the 2nd-gen Fire TV would be receiving the new interface. It turns out that is not the case.
Essentially, the only stand-alone Fire TV streaming media players that are not receiving the new interface are the 2 oldest models released in 2014, which are the 1st-Gen Fire TV Box and the 1st-Gen Fire TV Stick. I’m waiting to hear back from Amazon to clarify what “current” means regarding Fire TV Edition televisions. It’s safe to assume that any Fire TV Edition still being sold today will receive the new interface, but I’m not sure if discontinued models are included. I’ll update this article when I hear back from them.
If you’re not sure which Fire TV model you have, the easiest way to find out is to install my Informer app. It will tell you exactly which version and generation Fire TV device you have. Alternately, you can check this guide for ways to physically identify each model.