This guide shows you how to sideload APK files like Kodi onto a 1st-gen Fire TV, 2nd-gen Fire TV, or Fire TV Stick using adbFire on a Mac.
- If you haven’t done so yet, enable ADB Debugging on your Fire TV. If you don’t know how to do that, follow this guide.
- Download and install the Mac version of adbFire.
- Click the “New” button near the top to setup your Fire TV connection.
- Enter anything you want in the “Description” field, and enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the “Address” field. Then click “Save”. If you don’t know your Fire TV’s IP address, then follow this guide.
- Click the “Install APK” button and select the APK you want to sideload.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to install the selected APK.
- Wait for the APK to install. This could take several minutes depending on the size of the APK file.
- Click “OK” once the APK finishes installing.
- You can launch the sideloaded app by navigating to
Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- When you’re done sideloading APKs, click the “Disconnect” button.
Note: If you run into issues, click the “View Log” button to see possible error messages. There is also a standard ADB command-line accessible through the “ADB Shell” button.
I’ve recently tried to install Retroarch via ADBFire. I load the app and the fire TV tells me it installs correctly, but I do not see it under Manage Installed Applications. Am I missing something?
How can you use Debloater on a Mac to block Amazon updates on a TV Fire Stick…? Thank You
The ADBFire Mac app seems to be gone and no longer available.
It’s now called adbLink. try http://www.mediafire.com/file/mm421ixvd03gtae/adblm207.dmg
I tried to use it to install the Xfinity apk but, like Brandon, I could not find it under Manage Installed Applications even though the app reported success in uploading. It did appear to install it to a temporary folder, perhaps that’s the issue? pkg: /data/local/tmp/XFINITY TV Go 2.5.0.002.apk
Actually, it did work, I just didn’t see it at first.
Unfortunately, the xfinity app wasn’t the latest and tried to update itself through the google play store, which failed.
Found a newer version and going to try it now.