Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels

Paramount+ has launched today on Amazon Fire TV devices, Prime Video Channels, and other platforms. The new streaming service replaces CBS All Access by merging CBS content with Viacom’s catalog of content from BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, MTV, the Smithsonian Channel, and more. The new Paramount+ app for Fire TV has been swapped in under the same listing as the old CBS All Access app, so you’ll just need to update the app if you already have the old CBS app installed. Paramount+ is also available as a Prime Video Channel which does also give you full access to the app.

Paramount+ is available for ad-free for $9.99 per month or with limited ads for $4.99, but the ad-supported tier won’t be available until June. In the meantime, Paramount+ is still offering the old $5.99 per month ad-supported tier that CBS All Access offered. If you subscribe directly through Paramount, you can get a 1-month free trial by entering promocode MOUNTAIN. Only the $9.99/month ad-free tier is available currently through Prime Video Channels. There is no free trial through Prime Video Channels, but you’ll pay only $0.99 for your first month.

Subscribing through Prime Video Channels will give you full access to the Paramount+ app as long as you link your Amazon and Paramount accounts. For that reason and others, it’s more beneficial to ultimately subscribe through Prime Video Channels for the extra perks you get through Amazon.

1. Phil Nabozny says:

Used to log in to CBS All Access using my Cable TV provider, cannot do the same with Paramount Plus on my cube, just get options to sign up to the trials but can on my mobile where free content shows up???

• oasis_001 says:

I think I read that the plan is for their to be a separate CBS app that will be available for users to authenticate with Cable TV provider. It will give you LIVE TV feeds and probably some limited CBS content, but not all that will be available on Paramount+.

• TechyChris says:

Do you recall where saw the info that the CBS live stream would be available separately?
        It’s the only missing piece of the streaming puzzle for me.
        The only info I’ve found still says the live stream is part of Paramount+. I did see an Apple Appstore Review from 2 days ago inferring that CBS live streams are no longer “behind the pay wall” on that platform. Of course, that App isn’t compatible with Fire TV devices.

• oasis_001 says:

Here is the mention of it in a recent VARIETY article.

What about streaming CBS shows?

To keep watching CBS shows for free, as of March 4, users will need to download a new CBS app. Subscribers with participating pay-TV partners can use their credentials to sign in to the CBS app to access their live local station.

I just checked and there is now a CBS app that is available in the Fire TV and Roku stores.

Description of CBS app from Roku store, but the same would apply to Fire TV version:
          With the new CBS app you can watch the latest episodes of your favorite CBS shows for free, no log-in required to instantly stream anytime on any device. You also have the option to sign in with your cable provider to access full seasons and stream LIVE TV from your local CBS station.

FYI. Access to local CBS stations will only be available in the $9.99 a month version of Paramount+. The $4.99 version will provide LIVE sports, but it will exclude local CBS stations.

The article mentioned that by excluding the CBS locals from the tier it provides ViacomCBS more flexibility in how they can structure distribution deals.

• TechyChris says:

I can confirm CBS live stream (plus on demand content) works perfectly!

WOW… what a quietly momentous day for me. I have been exclusively streaming in my household for over a decade now…this is the FIRST time I’ve had a working app for ALL the major US networks. CBS had been the lone hold out, I’ll celebrate later.

• Phil Nabozny says:

Thanks for all the info. Found the new app and will try it, from your comments am sure it will work.

• Marc Scheel says:

I cannot get a clear answer from either Prime or Paramount. Currently I pay the base price for both. I simply wish to know if they plan to combine billing and maybe give us a break. If anyone on this stream knows, I woulce appreciate you sharing. Thanks to all.

2. Red says:

One Month Free Trial of Paramount+ Ad-Free Plan (normally $9.99 a Month) with promo code MOUNTAIN

3. russ says:

I wonder if channels will get pulled from services like youtube tv and we’ll be forced into separate apps for each set of channels.

4. Pamela says:

If I drop my free trial with paramount plus, will I lose access through Amazon prime?

5. Sarah Rodriguez says:

Hi! I have Amazon prime video but had CNS all acces. When I got the deal to switch/upgrade CBS to PPlus before launch for half price, I took it. Now I’m like am I paying for Amazon prime AND PPlus when I could just be getting it through Amazon? It seems that that is not the case that the PPlus channel costs money as a sort of add on on Amazon? Sorry if these are dumb questions!

6. Douglas G. Hall says:

Fire stick won’t show local CBS Channel, only New York 02. Works on phone but not fire stick.

7. Alex Grey says:

So the price tiers are 4.99 with ads, 9.99 without ads. Prime is telling me that it costs 5.99/month to add on, so which one is this?

8. you do says:

Hahaha I’ve run out of favorites. I need to read more

9. Alexis Alvarez says:

I had subscribed to CBS All Access through Amazon Prime. Have tried repeatedly to link ParamountPlus to Amazon account, all to no avail. Cannot get past the “Complete Your Registration” page — “Submit” is grayed out.

10. Sissy Murray says:

I have Prime and Paramount + with it. I pay $5.99 for each service. I downloaded the Paramount + app, and I have been able to use my Amazon credentials to login, but it takes me to the page where I have the option to buy either the one with ads or one without ads. I already pay for paramount. So, how do I get past the page in the app that wants me to buy the subscription?