Leak suggests Walmart will release an Onn 4K “Pro” streamer

A new unreleased Google TV streaming device from Walmart called the “Onn 4K Pro Streaming Device” has appeared in a Bluetooth regulatory filing. First spotted by 91mobiles, the listing suggests Walmart is close to releasing its next streaming device, and the “Pro” in the name suggests it will be better than its existing Onn 4K Streaming Box, which debuted last year. While the current Onn 4K box is a great bargain, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of advanced features. While nothing is known about the specs of the upcoming Onn 4K Pro, I don’t expect it to be on par with top-tier devices like the Fire TV Cube and Shield TV, but, hopefully, it ends up being a decent alternative to something like the Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

1. clocks says:

Nice. Interested to hear the specs. I’m sure it will be cost competitive.

2. LDBetaGuy says:

I’m guessing that it will at least add Dolby Vision.

3. Al says:

Thanks for the information

4. Nick says:

Can anyone reference how long it was from the leak of the last onn-box to its actual availability?

I remember seeing posts about both on the day they happened, but I can’t remember how far apart they were.. Would be interesting to use to reference how long to expect to see the Pro version available!

5. Ethan says:

I am really hoping this Onn 4K pro android TV box will have a 1G Ethernet port. I have been getting more and more disappointed with the FireTV Cube with offering only a 100M Ethernet port, the home screen gettomg more ADs with every update, and the size of the apps getting smaller (to give room to larger annoying ads). If this Onn 4K pro android TV box offers a 1G Ethernet, I will be getting rid of all my FireTV devices.

• tech3475 says:

Given these are budget devices and Fast Ethernet is ‘good enough’ for basic streaming, I’m doubtful this will have Gigabit Ethernet.

• Igor Freytor says:

I think that this device will have 16 gigs of storage space and will compete against the 4k Max. I think that it’s price point will be 30 bucks. I believe That it will be so that it sells at a lower price than the 4k max, which when on sale, sells for 40 to 45 bucks.

6. quantumoracle says:

This will certainly be a 4k max competitor expect 16gb of storage and similar specs to the latest 4k max from amazon

7. William Hook says:

Get box but I am using a different box because they can’t simply add a 2.0 or 3.0 usb. Most android boxes come with that. Very disappointing for Walmart.

8. discgolf4life7 says:

TDUK is now reporting the new Onn 4k Pro will have 3G RAM, 32G storage and an Ethernet port. Also the price will come in around $50. Great specs for the price but I’ll wait to pass judgement until they go on sale.

9. Jamie says:

3 Gigs of ram
    32 gigs of storage
    Also has a mic to compete with the Firecube
    Black Remote not white