Huge sale on old Amazon devices — 2nd-gen Fire TV is $30, 1st-gen Fire TV Cube is $40, and more

Woot currently has a 1-day sale on older Amazon devices. If you still have fond memories of the 2nd-gen Fire TV, you can get a used one for just $29.99. There are also used 1st-gen Fire TV Cubes for $39.99 that come with the newer remote with TV controls on it. Smart display deals include the Echo Spot for $29.99, the 1st-gen Echo Show 10 for $34.99, and the 2nd-gen Echo Show 10 for $149.99. As for regular Echos, you can get the 1st-gen Echo for $24.99 or the 2nd-gen Echo for $39.99. Check out the rest of the older Amazon devices on sale and be sure to act fast as these sales tend to sell out pretty quickly. The Fire TV 3 for $19.99 is, unfortunately, already sold out as it was one of the better deal. The sale ends tomorrow, July 16 at 12am CT.

1. Charlie says:

What kind of support is the 2nd gen box getting? Might be fun on a 1089P TV.

• Charlie says:

What the heck. I used to love the 2nd gen box with 4k at only 30 Hz. It was the first box that I could get Dolby Audio on using my older surround system after being frustrated by Roku boxes for years. I just ordered one. I have a TV that is 1080P I don’t use every day and can use it there. I already know the Cube has a better picture. I’ll add this to my collection.

2. Jp says:

First gen firetv isn’t even worth 20 dollars. It’s slow as poopoo on the newest skin update

3. Dave says:

1st-gen Fire TV Cube is junk now. I have my old one on the basement tv and it’s so slow you want to stab yourself with the fire tv remote.

• Jo says:

This 1000 times I wish they left it off the update. I’m too stubborn to buy the new one and they broke the old one so bad.

4. Eric says:

I have been working on all sort of combos to get Dolby Atmos working and have been able the get my Fire Tv 2 to supply Atmos in 1080p on Jack Ryan. No luck with Disnry plus. Checking Netflix.

5. Rik Emmett says:

The second gen fire tv might be worth getting if you have a recast because it has the old interface which is more recast friendly and the interface is very responsive. You can also install apps on an SD card which will free up space from the internal storage.

6. Charlie says:

I case anybody notices: if you were going to use a stick on a 1080P TV would you buy the Stick 4K, because it could be used on a 4K TV and has .5 more gigs of ram. Or, would you buy the new Stick that I see as its main attraction is that it is running OS 7 and is much newer, while having less ram and is 1080P only?

7. Keith says: