How to update your sideloaded Peacock TV app on Amazon Fire TV and Firestick — New September 2020 APK

Peacock TV is still not available on Amazon Fire TV devices, but a new v1.1.3 updated version (SEE BELOW FOR UPDATE) has just been released. If you’re new to sideloading, you might not be aware that updating an already sideloaded app is as straight forward as installing the new version right over the existing one. If you followed my guide to sideload Peacock TV or are using my Downloader app, simply use the URL bit.ly/firepck (SEE BELOW FOR UPDATE) in the Downloader app to sideload the latest version of Peacock TV. You don’t need to uninstall the existing version or do anything special if the older version is already installed on the device. Just sideload the new version as you would any new app. After launching the app and signing in, if you get only audio when playing content or the video is frozen, force quitting the app or restarting your Fire TV should solve the issue. To force quit the app, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications and select the app. To restart your device, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart. If you need more detailed instructions for sideloading, see this guide and use the URL mentioned above.

Update

8/17/20 Version 1.1.10 has been released. You can install it using Downloader and the URL bit.ly/firepea (Alternate Mirror: bit.ly/firepe).

9/9/20 Version 1.2.14 has been released. You can install it using Downloader and the URL bit.ly/ftvpea (Alternate Mirror: bit.ly/ftvpeaa).

1. thanks for the info about a new version but your original version works fine and im one of those that feel if its not broken dont fix it.until the fall season starts and I see if I can get shows I miss the next day on hulu or not, Im not really using the app at all. The one original show I was interested in “brave new world”, only the first 2 episodes were avaliable for free. I only have a free account btw.

2. TechyChris says:

Has anyone tested the new version to see if it’s compatible with Fire TV 1st Gen? (last version doesn’t work, thought I’d save myself the trouble)
    FYI- I do have Peacock Premium, anyone with android/android Tv gets Peacock Premium Trial for FREE for 3 Months. I assume if you create account through Android then login through Amazon – Premium trial would carry over. I can’t confirm this due to FTV Gen 1 issue above. (Premium = all shows/movies WITH Ads) (Premium PLUS = all shows/movies NO Ads)

3. Keith says:

I used to recommend Fire TVs to less tech savy friends and relatives, but now I feel like that’d set me up for a lot of headaches.
    No HBO Max, no peacock and … Im not even sure if YouTube still works out of the box. I sideloaded it several years ago.
    Amazon makes media streaming devices, the other companies supply content. This is so stupid. They should want as many apps available as possible.

4. DC says:

How do you get side loaded apps to show up with the rest of your apps? I knew once but, then I forgot.

5. Paul says:

The second line on the home screen is “Your Apps and Channels”. It only has room for 15 apps but on either end is a “See All” box. Click one. Find the app on the list and click the menu button. Move it to the top of list.

• DC says:

Thanks but, that’s the first thing I did. It’s not there. The only way to start app is to go into the settings/Apps and launch it from there. There must be a way to make it populate my app list.

• Paul says:

Wow! I have never seen behavior like that from Amazon’s launcher. zor the other hand, it is a common complaint with the leanback launcher. Bur I’m sure you would have mention that if you were using it. So I’m stumped.

• I’ve seen several people mention not being able to find a sideloaded app icon, but I haven’t been able to recreate the issue myself so I’m not able to find a solution. Sorry.

6. Nate says:

Hey Elias,

I know it has typically been associated with, shall we say, less than reputable Android APK files, but have you considered running a Filelinked repo for these apps to be sideloaded?

You are typically the one people turn to online when it comes to the how-tos of sideloading and this seems like a decent stopgap in the meantime? Thoughts?

7. Lisa Laughlin says:

I’ve updated the peacock app on my firestick, now I’m not getting any videos, it keeps buffering when I hit play. The trailers work fine. I’ve restarted the firestick, but this doesn’t help. Any idea what I should do? Thanks.

8. I’ve just updated the post with the URL to the new v1.1.10 version of Peacock.

9. TechyChris says:

Has anyone figured out a way to get this working on Fire Tv Gen 1 or is it a no go? THX!

10. Jack says:

Does this not work on rooted 4K sticks? I have tried and the app just keeps crashing.

11. Dallas says:

I had installed v1.1.10 successfully, but the program would not launch after installation, a force stop, and even a device restart. Then I tried reverting back to the previous v1.1.3 format and had the same results as v1.1.10. Now neither version works on my Fire TV device. The plus side here would be that I could always access my account through the Peacock TV website on my desktop computer, so it isn’t a complete loss. It just would be nice to watch it on my regular TV screen instead.

12. Joseph Bartol says:

Elias…REBRAND.LY will let you edit the real we address you are going to for free. It will save u from making tons of bit.ly addresses

13. Jack says:

I’m starting to think this doesn’t work on rooted devices. I have now tried this on a FireTV 2 as well as a Firestick 4K (both rooted) and neither will start this app. Has anyone else experienced this?

14. Gregg Allinson says:

Firestick says it’s installed but PeacockTV app will not open. Is Amazon perhaps blocking these apks?

15. Gary says:

At first sideloaded Peacock app worked on all my Fire devices. It now works on Fire 4K stick but not Fire TV box no matter how many uninstalls/reinstalls and restarts I do. App installs fine but will not load. So frustrating .

16. Tony says:

I had the 1.1.10 version installed on the FireTV. Was working great, loved it.

Now, it won’t start. Ever start fails and no amount of cache clearing restarting or reinstalling is fixing it. It’s doing the same on two different sets.

I believe amazon might be blocking it, everything else on the box works fine…. even other side loaded apps.

It’s either that, or something peacock is doing wrong.

• Gary says:

Same here. This BS with Amazon & Roku vs. HBOMax & Peacock is exactly why I bought a cheap $50 Tivo 4K stick. No problem at all installing & running the legitimate HBOMax & Peacock apps from the Google Play Store. Seriously considering buying another. The only app that I would like that is not available for it is AppleTV+ but I’ve got that on my Roku. Otherwise, I may just drop Roku & Fire entirely and go with Google/Android boxes/sticks. Maybe even an NVidia Shield but I think I’ll hold off for now and see what the rumored Google device has to offer.

17. Petar Antonic says:

Hey Elias,

I downloaded the newest version to my FireTV. When I launch the Peacock app, it opens…flashes the Peacock logo, goes dark and then returns to the FireTV home screen. I have restarted, unplugged, uninstalled/reinstalled and still have the same issue. Clueless and need a hand..

Pete

18. Michael A Rathke says:

I have the 9/9 version. When it goes to commercial breaks the tv returns to the fire home screen.