Both the Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote and Game Controller are capable of receiving software updates. These updates come packaged inside the main Fire TV software update, meaning they are not downloaded separately. After your Fire TV updates, it’s important to check if a remote or controller update is available because remote and controller updates are not installed automatically. In this guide, I’ll show you how to check for a remote or controller update, and how to install it if it is available.
- From the Home screen, scroll down to Settings
- Scroll right to Controllers
- Select the controller type you want to check/update, either Amazon Fire TV Remotes or Bluetooth Game Controllers
- If an update is available, it will say “A software update is available” on the right side.
- To install an available update, press “Select” if updating the Voice Remote or press “A” if updating the Game Controller.
- Ensure your remote or controller has good batteries and is within 10 feet of your Fire TV, then select “Continue” to start the update.
- Wait for the update to transfer to the remote or controller.
- Wait for the update to be applied to the remote or controller.
- Once the update is complete, press “Continue” to exit back to the Fire TV settings screen.