This guide will show you how to configure an Android device to use Alexa as the default voice assistant.
- Open the main Android settings. This can be done by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping the tiny gear icon. Select the “Apps & notifications” option.
- Scroll down and tap “Advanced” and then tap the “Default apps” option.
- Tap the “Assist & voice input” option.
- Tap the “Assist app” option.
- Select the “Amazon Alexa” option and you’re done.
- To use Alexa, simply hold down the home button (circle button at the bottom-center) for a few seconds at anytime from anywhere.