While digging around in the Amazon Fire TV‘s launcher/homescreen app, I came across a hidden debug menu. The menu is full of peculiar options. I haven’t found anything too useful yet, but I wanted to get a post up about it so that others can look around as well.
You need to be rooted to open the menu. I found it’s best to navigate the menu with a mouse and a scroll wheel.
To open the menu:
- Load the Fire TV’s “Settings” menu. You don’t actually need to do this, as you can bring up the debug menu from anywhere, but the debug menu is difficult to navigate if it’s called up while you’re on the homescreen menu.
- Connect to the Fire TV via ADB
- Run the command: adb shell
- Run the command: su
- Run the command:
- Use a mouse and keyboard to navigate. It doesn’t respond too well to the Fire TV remote.
- If you find yourself “stuck” in the menu, run this command to return to the Settings screen: