Peacock, the new streaming service from NBC, is not yet available in the official Amazon Appstore. That’s a shame because, while the service has a paid premium subscription, there is actually quite a bit of free content available. Thankfully, sideloading the official app works fine on Fire TVs, so here is a quick guide on how to install Peacock on any Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, or Fire TV Edition television.
Note that it seems like the 1st-gen Fire TV and 1st-gen Fire TV Stick are not compatible with the Peacock app. This could change in the future, so there is no harm in trying to install the latest version. If you’re not sure which Fire TV or Fire TV Stick version you have, see this guide.
- Install the Downloader app, available from the Amazon Appstore, onto your Fire TV.
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources by navigating to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options.
- Launch Downloader and enter
bit.ly/firetvp(Alternate Mirror: bit.ly/firetvpp) into the URL field. If this is your first time using Downloader, I suggest you follow this more detailed sideloading guide.
- When the browser loads, click the big green download button and follow the prompts to install the Peacock app. If you have any trouble or run into errors, use the more detailed sideloading guide.
- Once the app is installed, you’ll find it at the end of your apps list. You can get to the app grid page on your Fire TV by holding down the Home button for a few seconds and then selecting “Apps.” The app is a bit buggy, so after you launch it and login/signup, you may need to force quit the app or restart your Fire TV for video to play correctly.