Now that the Fire TV has been released in Germany, and will be released in the UK tomorrow, geographically restrictioned apps will become more and more common. This guide will show you how to install geographically restricted apps directly from Amazon.
Before we start, it is important to know that entering false address information is against Amazon’s terms and could get your account closed. Use websites like Fake Name Generator to get valid international addresses at your own risk.
Also, if you want to purchase a non-Free app that is geographically restricted, it is best to pre-load your Amazon account with either Amazon Coins or Amazon Credit BEFORE following this guide. Changing your country setting, as instructed in this guide, will temporarily prevent your payment methods from working until you change the country setting back.
- Locate the app you want to install and verify that it is geographically restricted.
- Go to the “Settings” tab on Amazon’s “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.
- Scroll down to “Country Settings” and click the “Change” button.
- Enter an address for the country that does not restrict the app and click “Update”.
Use Fake Name Generator at your own risk.
- Reload the restricted app’s page and the app should no longer be restricted. Purchase the app and select to have it delivered to your Fire TV.
- From your Fire TV home screen, scroll down to “Settings”
- Scroll right to “My Account”
- Select “Sync Amazon Content”
- The app should begin to download and install. You can now switch your Amazon country setting back and the app will remain on your Fire TV.