The Xposed framework is a platform which allows for the installation of modules which change the behavior of the Amazon Fire TV. By itself, the Xposed framework does not do anything. The modules installed once the framework is setup are the ones that can modify the behavior of the Fire TV. Installation of Xposed requires that your Fire TV is rooted. This guide will walk you through the simple steps of installing and setting up Xposed. Future guides will discuss the installation of modules and what can be done with Xposed.
- The Xposed Framework requires root, so if your Fire TV is not rooted, you should first follow my Rooting Starters Guide and root your Fire TV.
- Download the latest Xposed APK from here. The download link should be about half way down the page labeled “de.robv.android.xposed.installer_v##_#####.apk”
- Sideload the Xposed Framework onto your Fire TV
- Launch “Xposed Installer” on the Fire TV from the Settings > Applications menu
- Select “Framework”
- Select “OK” to dismiss the popup
- Select “Install/Update” to install the framework
- Select “Grant” on the SuperSU popup
- Select “OK” to reboot