Now that the list of services and apps integrated into the Fire TV’s Live Experience has grown even larger with the addition of Sling TV, Hulu, and YouTube TV, your Live Tab and Channel Guide might be getting cluttered with unwanted channels that you never watch. The good news is that it’s very easy to hide the channels you don’t watch, but the option is a bit buried. Here’s a guide on how to customize your channel list.
Hiding a channel will remove it from the Fire TV’s Channel Guide, will prevent it from showing up in the Fire TV’s Live tab, and will not allow it to appear in the “On Now” row on the Fire TV’s home screen. Hiding a channel will not remove it from within the app of the service that is providing the channel.
- Go to your Fire TV’s “Settings” screen.
- Navigate to the “Live TV” section.
- Select the “Manage Channels” option.
- Select the App/Service/Device that provides the channels that you want to hide.
- Highlight the channel that you want to hide and press the Play/Pause button on your remote.
- If you ever want to restore / unhide a channel, just repeat these steps. You can see a list of only the channels that are hidden by pressing Right on your remote two times to switch to the Hidden channel list.