The new Fire TV interface on the Echo Show 15 is best used with a physical Fire TV remote. It may not be entirely clear how to pair a Fire TV remote to the Echo Show 15, especially since the usual Fire TV settings menu where you connect remotes is missing on the Echo Show 15. Here are detailed step-by-step instructions for how to pair Fire TV remotes to an Echo Show 15.
- Have a compatible Fire TV remote with batteries already inserted. The only remote that is fully compatible with the Echo Show 15 is the 3rd-gen Alexa Voice Remote. Some of the older Fire TV remotes are partially compatible, meaning some of the buttons will work while others will not work. For details on which older remotes and buttons work, see this post.
- Swipe down from the top of the Echo Show 15 to reveal the shortcut buttons and tap the “Settings” button.
- Tap the “Fire TV Settings” option.
- Tap the “Fire TV Remotes” option.
- Press and hold the HOME button on the remote for 10 seconds. Depending on which remote model you are using, you may see an orange light begin to flash in the upper corner of the remote.
- The words “Fire TV Remote” and “Discovered” will appear at the bottom of the screen when the Echo Show 15 detects the remote. Tap on these words once they appear. If the remote is not appearing on the screen, be sure it has fresh batteries and that it is compatible with the Echo Show 15 by checking here. You can also try removing the batteries from the remote and reinserting them, which usually puts the remote into pairing mode. Lastly, if the remote you are trying to pair with the Echo Show 15 was previously paired with a Fire TV, try unpairing the remote from your Fire TV and/or unplugging your Fire TV.
- After a few seconds, the remote listing on the Echo Show 15 screen should change from “Discovered” to “Connected.” The remote is now paired with the Echo Show 15. If a message appears informing you that the remote firmware is being updated, be sure to not press any buttons on the remote or touch the Echo Show 15 until the message disappears.
The Echo Show 15 might be good for a vehicle or an RV, but you need a power inverter.