Amazon has continued to add new channels and options in the News app for Fire TV. Here are instructions on how to get the most out of the app by configuring your preferred local news cities and selecting your favorite channels so that they are easily accessible.
- Open the News app on your Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, or Fire TV Edition device. The app comes pre-installed on your device, so just find it in the list of installed apps.
- The setup process should start on its own if you haven’t opened the app before, but if it doesn’t, press Up on the remote to bring up the navigation menu at the top. Then go to “Preferences” and select the “Channels” icon.
- Select one or two cities from the list shown. This selection determines which local news channels will be accessible to you within the app. Select the “Continue” button once you’ve made your selection. If you don’t want local news, then you can select the “Skip” option instead.
- The next screen will show the local channels available in the city or cities that you selected. If you’de like, you can mark a channel as a favorite for it to appear near the front of your list of available news channels. Select “Continue” when you are done.
- Now, if you’d like, you can mark any of the national news channels as favorites so that they too appear near the front of you channel lists.
- Lastly, you can rearange your favoirted channels in the order that you’d like them to appear in your channel list.