Hisense launches new QD6 Series 4K QLED Fire TVs at Costco

Hisense launched its first Fire TV Smart TVs two years ago with the release of its U6 Series ULED TVs. While new larger sizes have since been released and the U6 Series just this month became available at Best Buy for the first time, there hasn’t been a follow-up model until now. An all-new Hisense QD6 Series of 4K QLED Fire TV Smart TVs are now available and you can find them at Costco.

The new line of Hisense Fire TVs will be available in 43, 50, 55, 65, and 75-inch models (43QD65NF, 50QD65NF, 55QD65NF, 65QD65NF, & 75QD65NF), although Costco is currently only selling the 50-inch and 65-inch models on its website. It’s unclear if these TVs will be exclusive to Costco, but that does seem likely as when TCL brought the first Fire TVs to Costco, those were not sold anywhere else. Specs for the Hisense QD6 Series Fire TVs are identical across the line, regardless of which size you purchase.

The Hisense QD6 Series uses a 4K 2160p LCD panel with QLED Quantum Dot Color. The backlight technology of these TVs is a bit of a mystery at the moment. There are references to these TVs being “Mini-LED QLED” sets and having “Full Array” backlights. However, there is no mention of how many zones or LEDs are used, so your guess is as good as mine. All sizes support the full suite of high dynamic range formats including Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG. Some manufacturers cut out Dolby Vision and HDR10+ on their smaller TVs, but it’s nice to see that Hisense includes them all the way down to its 43-inch model.

These TVs support a native refresh rate of 60 Hz out of all three HDMI ports, so, while they do have auto-low latency mode, you’re not going to be getting high refresh rates or VRR gaming with these TVs. One HDMI port does support eARC, as you’d expect, and there is both optical SPDIF and a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio out. Connectivity includes 802.11ac WiFi 5, an Ethernet port that probably caps out at 10/100 speeds, Bluetooth 5.0, and two USB 2.0 ports.

The included remote appears to be Amazon’s standard “Enhanced” Alexa remote that ships with most Fire TV Smart TVs, and there are no hands-free voice capabilities. You also get Apple AirPlay and Home Kit support. The last thing of note is the inclusion of “AI Upscaling” and an “AI Sports Mode,” which I assume are just marketing buzzwords and not substantially different from what you got with Hisense’s first Fire TV Smart TVs.

The 50-inch Hisense QD6 Fire TV is listed for $279.99 on Costco’s website and the 65-inch model is $399.99. Both are available now and ship immediately. They include a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty, which is a year more than you get with Hisense’s first Fire TV Smart TVs.

1. Basic Pixel says:

I wonder what CPU these use. Probably the same cookie cutter mediatek CPUS in the omni series TV

2. G Waid says:

It looks a lot like the Hisense A6 Series. The specs are nearly identical except the A6 has Google TV. I suspect the backlighting is the same – LED full array, but not mini-leds.

Since Hisense is mighty proud of their mini-led technology, if the QD6 had mini-leds, they would tell us in no uncertain terms.

It would probably be okay for a second or third television, or one for a child’s room.

• Mark says:

This would be incorrect. The ‘QD’ part of “QD6″ stands for ‘quantum dot’, ie…”mini-led technology”.

• G Waid says:

Mini-LEDs (just like all LEDs) emit light when electrical current passes through a microchip to illuminate them. Quantum dots only emit light when they are excited by light, usually blue light from an LED. They are nowhere near being the same thing.

3. Scott says:

I had the last model Fire TV Hisense. Not as many updates in software and started to get laggy. Got a FireTV 4K TV Max this week to “upgrade” it. Now I have a Fire TV running on a Fire TV which is ironic.

Overall picture quality on these is really nice though!

• Basic Pixel says:

I have a firetv omni i got for $100 on prime day a few years ago they never update it. Which is weird bc its literally amazon branded TV. you would think they would give their TVs proper updates but nope. Ambient Experience i guess for some reason they dont update the older omni TVs to get even tho i looked at the specs on the firetv developer page and its the same MTK T31 thats in my TV and the same 2gb ddr3 ram. Im not too upset bc its a $100 tv but still my cheap roku TVs update to the newest firmware all the time

4. JC says:

I’ve been the proud owner of a Hisense R8 Roku for a while. I’m about to be the proud owner of a Hisense A7 Google. :) This looks nice for those who’d prefer the Fire platform, though. In any case, I definitely recommend the Hisense brand. I nearly went with TCL recently, but I remembered comparing one of their overrated TVs to a Hisense once, and the Hisense won.

• Dennis says:

Don’t forget to go to https://www.rtings.com/ to properly calibrate your tv. You’ll be amazed at the difference there is from the factory settings and the calibration settings! Hisense factory settings are terrible!

• JC says:

I’m not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to tweaking a TV, and I’m not sure that I want to be. :) Reviewers on YT spend so much time exploring these options that the effort seems excessive. All I know is that if I set the color temperature to Warm (advice from ‘Digital Trends’), and turn the color up, I get a nice image. I did that with my Onn 4K Pro, which I’m keeping. I’ll look into the other settings. Thanks for the advice.

5. White Lion says:

Any idea how much storage comes with the built in FireTV 8GB or 16GB?

6. Isaac Villegas says:

Does anyone know what TV mount works for the 50QD65NF? I’ve already bought 2 that don’t work. Any help is appreciated.

7. M66 says:

Is QLED always better than UHD?. Should I chose this TV (for atleast $60 less) over

LG 55″ Class – UR8000 Series