The Amazon Fire TV’s Live Experience, which makes accessing live linear content easier through various interfaces including a Live Tab, traditional Program Guide, and Home screen rows, has continuously evolved over the years. It started with the first Fire TV Edition televisions as the way to access antenna channels through the TV’s built-in OTA tuner and then expanded to all Fire TV devices with the inclusion of Prime Video Channels, streaming services, and apps. Here’s the full list of streaming services, apps, channels, and devices that integrate into the Fire TV’s Live TV interfaces.
Paid Streaming Services/Apps
These are paid services that provide cable-like packages of live channels that are streamed over the internet.
- Philo: 50+ channels for $20/month
- Sling TV: 30 to 50+ channels for $30/month
- Hulu + Live TV: 65+ Channels for $55/month
- YouTube TV: 85+ Channels for $65/month
Free Streaming Services/Apps
These apps offer a variety of content that is organized into channels.
- Pluto TV: 52 Channels for Free
- Sling TV 13 Channels for Free
- Red Bull TV: 19 Channels for Free
- Twitch: Various Channels for Free
Prime Video Channels
Prime Video Channels are additional subscriptions added to your Prime membership. In addition to the live channels listed below, each subscription comes with a large selection of on-demand content.
- HBO: 8 Channels for $14.99/month
- Showtime: 9 Channels for $10.99/month
- Starz: 8 Channels for $8.99/month
- Cinemax: 9 Channels for $9.99/month
- Epix: 4 Channels for $5.99/month
- PixL: 1 Channel for $1.99/month
- NBA League Pass: Various Events for $28.99/month
- MLB.TV: Various Events for $24.99/month
- PGA Tour Live: Various Events for $9.99/month
- AVP Pro Beach Volleyball: Various Events for Free w/ Prime
The local Over-The-Air (OTA) channels picked up by an antenna connected to the built-in tuner in Fire TV Edition televisions and in the Fire TV Recast DVR are integrated into the Fire TV’s Live TV Experience and Channel Guide. There is no monthly subscription fee for either.