Fire TV Pro Remote on sale for $27.99 and Luna Game Controller on sale for $49.99

If you’re looking to add some premium peripherals to your Fire TV, you can do so and save a bit of money in the process. The Alexa Voice Remote Pro is on sale for $27.99, which is 20% off its regular price of $34.99. That matches the lowest price that the remote has ever been. Given the news today that GOG games are coming to Amazon Luna cloud gaming, it’s a good time to pick up the Luna Game Controller on sale for $49.99, which is 29% off its regular price of $69.99. This gamepad typically drops to $39.99 during Amazon’s major sales, like Prime Day and Black Friday, so you’re paying a slight premium if you don’t want to wait for the next big sale, but it’s a great controller and a good price none the less.

1. Jpw says:

Now if I could just get the find my remote to find my remote when it’s lost without having to press a button on it first it would prob be a good deal. As it stands now the most important feature only rings my remotes after I hit a button on the remote. Defeating the entire reason for having it

• fire_user says:

wait no not quite. You tell your alexa device to find your remote and then it beeps. You dont need to press a button on the pro remote.

• I’ve seen people say that if the remote sits unused for long enough, it doesn’t start beeping when it should. That’s what he’s probably referring to.

• JPW says:

Yeah I tell it to find the lost 2nd remote and it won’t beep until you actually find it and hit the button or wake it up. It’s basically completely worthless for the reason I bought it. It used to work fairly well but the team at AMZ updated something and it no longer works properly. The macro buttons are kind of nice. But neither of my two pro remotes work to find my remote unless it’s in your hand

2. Royston S McFadden Jr says:

What is the significance between the remote that came with my fire cube 3rd generation and the pro remote?

3. tjc says:

did they ever straighten out the issue of which apps the four shortcut buttons bring up? I notice on Amazon, they strategically do not show the labeling on the bottom two buttons.

• They don’t show the buttons because they tend to change over time. You can assume the top two will always be Prime Video and Netflix, but the bottom two can change. You also don’t know if you’re going to get a recently manufactured one, which is most likely, or an older stock, which is unlikely but certainly possible.

Right now, it seems most likely that you’ll get DirecTV and Peacock as the bottom two buttons.

4. Adrian says:

I loaded the original 4K FireTV Stick remote in a Third Reality Remote Plus which has find remote app and a headphone jack. It has a rechargeable battery (from microcUSB port) for the lighting and other electronics. Has worked flawlessly for a couple of years.

5. Henry says:

Is it still possible to launch sideloaded apps with buttons 1 and 2?

6. wurzel19xx says:

Can I pair the new Fire Stick remote with Echo Studio to control volume?
    how with the Amazon Echo voice remote control?
    I know about the possibility of setting up the Alexa home theater