For about 2 weeks I’ve been receiving messages and seeing comments from people who are unable to access the list of all apps on their Fire TV devices. The issue seems to be affecting numerous Fire TV and Fire TV Stick models and numerous Fire TV software versions. Most people experiencing this issue are presented with a blank screen and never-ending loading animation when they try to bring up their list of all apps. Some people are also seeing the list of apps on the Fire TV’s Home screen go blank. Here are some things to try that may fix the issue if you experience it.
Some people who have been able to restore access to their list of apps have said that the issue reoccurred, so be aware that, if any of the below works, it may be a temporary solution until Amazon fixes the underlying problem. Note that you can always access all of your apps from the Settings screen at: Settings > Applications > Manage > Manage Installed Applications.
The following worked to solve the issue on one of my devices. These steps involve running command-line ADB commands, so they are a bit advanced. I’ll include other possible solutions below which have worked for some people and do not require running ADB commands.
- Connect to your Fire TV via ADB
- Force stop the Appstore app by running the command:
adb shell am force-stop com.amazon.venezia
- Clear the data of the Appstore app by running the command:
adb shell pm clear com.amazon.venezia
- Uninstall all updates of the Appstore app by running the command:
adb uninstall com.amazon.venezia
- Reboot the Fire TV
- Check for and install software updates via Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates. There should be a “System Component” update available which reinstalls the latest version of the Appstore app.
- Reboot the Fire TV for good meassure.
The following are possible solutions that you can try. It’s always a good idea to reboot your Fire TV after trying any of these possible solutions.
- Force stop, clear data, and clear cache of “Appstore” app via Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Appstore
- Syn Amazon content via Settings > My Account > Sync Amazon Content
- Toggle cloud apps on and/or off via Settings > Applications > Appstore > Hide Cloud Apps
- Remove some or all apps associated with your Amazon account at this link
- Change your Amazon’s account Country/Region Setting here to some other country and then back to the original country
- Using a second Fire TV that doesn’t have the issue, delete some o fyour Cloud apps that aren’t installed on that device.
- Deregister and then reregister your Fire TV via Settings > My Account > Amazon Account > Deregister Note that some have had success by deregistering, then logging in with a different Amazon account, the deregistering again, and finally logging back in with their original Amazon account. Deregistering does not remove apps installed on the device, so it is less sever than factory resetting the device.
If any of the above solutions worked for you, please leave a comment below with details to help other people out. If you have a different solution that worked, please also leave that in a detailed comment below.
I’ve added a few more suggestions that people in the comments have said worked for them.