Recent Comments

💬 Netflix increases prices for all plans — What to expect to pay in the coming years if trend continues
  1. Keith says:

Im a Netflix OG, going back to 2000 or 2001. And at some point Im gonna have to cancel because the cost is getting ridiculous. 90% of the stuff they have, I have no interest in. I liked Archive 81 but that was one of the few exceptions. What was cool about Netflix from the start is you had a lot of good choices for a reasonable price. That's changed quite a bit. TV in general is just too expensive. I cut cable because my bill was outrageous, but now Ive got subscription bills that probably will be approaching $80 a month between me and my wife. I can't justify spending that much on entertainment.

1. David Carrero-Crespo says:

I will never buy a fire stick again. I bought 2 that froze up on me.
    Maybe you got a bad power cable because mine was defective it would stay on the setup screen it wouldn't go any further, than I connected a USB cable directly to the TV and it worked fine. No problem since.

1. Jay says:

I have a Amazon fire TV second generation streaming device and I've been having multiple problems first it wouldn't let me connect the remote at all so I used a Bluetooth now it won't update I can't get past the installation when you first turn it on cuz the update won't go through anybody has any ideas please let me know.

💬 Nvidia Shield TV update to Android 11 begins rolling out
  1. B says:

Finally 4k UI! Actually no, it's just 2022, way to early for that. At least Auto Frame Rate system wide! Nope, that neither. More pathetic than an Android TV update, only the people that get excited over them.
    Why even post more pathetic than that is person that goes out their way to bash excited people get a life loser!!!

1. Michael says:

I have 3 FireTV sticks that are all stuck on the logo and the remote doesn't work

1. Zeric says:

I have 2 FTV sticks bought at the same time and both of them are stuck on searching for WiFi is there anyway to fix them thanks
    It could be an incompatibility with your WiFi, or just high interference.People understandably assume that just because one or two devices works with their wifi, such as their phone and laptop, then all devices should work. This isn't necessarily the case, especially in the 5Ghz band where different devices have varying levels of support. Some devices only support 802.11n or 802.11a but not 802.11ac, and all three exist on the 5Ghz band. You will need to delve into this more deeply to ensure compatibility.

1. TechyChris says:

I feel the same as many others. $20 per month is as high as I want to go. Assuming a price increase next year at this time, it will be the end of the road for me. Netflix claims they spent $19 Billion last year on original content plus the rights to older content. This year they claim it will be something like $22 Billion. The real problem I have is the pricing structure for their plans. They are very clever: The $15 2 screen plan is "Basic HD" which is mostly 720p. The $20 4 screen plan is "Ultra HD", their version of 4k so you know you're getting at least 1080p. For me, it's not about the number of screens, it's the video quality. Netflix knows this and is taking advantage. Until their subscribers and their stock start dropping, nothing will change, we have no leverage. They don't even allow price breaks for paying a full year in advance.FYI: Existing subscribers will stay at the current price point for a few months, for new subscribers it's immediate.
    Ha! Netflix Stock tumbling. Down 20% in today's trading. In a "sane world" they would reverse their foolish decision to increase subscription costs. Or at least freeze them for existing subscribers for 1 year to stop the bleeding. But this isn't a "sane world", I suspect they will forge ahead with the increase AND give their CEO a 200 Million Dollar bonus as a "reward" for the "fine job their doing"!!!

1. Zeric says:

I will never buy a fire stick again. I bought 2 that froze up on me.
    Sounds like either just bad luck or a power quality issue at your location.I've owned at least 6 (probably more) of various versions and never had a problem with any of them freezing that a power cycle didn't fix. I also live in a location with very clean and reliable power.

1. Marie says:

1. Ahmed says:

I have one and broken with to years i have been used so i bouth another one is good now but the old one after i didnot use while so treid to check if its working agian so i get surprised becuose is working agian.

1. Jim Dixon says:

Did you ring Amazon Bill - I've found they are very helpful and will talk you through any issues - even replacing units if appropriate without question? You really should not be so judgemental, IMHO, when there are SO many happy satisfied customers with Amazon for their Firestick, myself included!

1. Bill says:

I will never buy a fire stick again. I bought 2 that froze up on me.

💬 Nvidia Shield TV update to Android 11 begins rolling out
  1. Adam says:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Kodi (with a NAS) are all rock solid for me, but my third-party Youtube app, which hasn't been updated since this Shield update dropped is prone to hard crashes requiring a power-loss induced reboot if I get too ambitious with my video rewinding. Voice search in that particular app is also borked, Gboard's voice input works as a fallback but I'm hopeful that the app author is working on an update. Nvidia has been troubleshooting by surgically dropping hotfixes for any users that ask for them and initial reports are good, but there are some Plex folks that are still having some problems. Honestly, the growing pains of this upgrade is making me understand their decision at the time to just skip the Android TV 10 upgrade with its unremarkable user-apparent improvements.

1. Michael says:

I'm having trouble with my Amazon fire stick I can't download anything I have tried everything I don't know what happened please help me please

1. Michael says:

If your FTV stick is relatively new, you have also have the Product Support benefit. Here is a copy and paste for those details... "What's Product Support? In the event your product doesn’t work as expected, or you’d like someone to walk you through set-up, Amazon offers free product support over the phone on eligible purchases for up to 90 days. To access this option, go to Your Orders and choose Get product support." Also under the Help in Settings and clicking Contact Us, you can have the Amazon Tech department call you. That way you get moved to the front of the phone line.

1. Roy and Judy hollen says:

1. Junior Jose says:

I bought last December the Stick 4k Max and it stuck at logo when I connect to configure it. I contact Amazon customer service and they sent me a new one.

1. mrvco says:

The only reason I keep Netflix is because almost all of it is paid for through our T-Mobile family plan. Otherwise I would only subscribe for a month or two, watch the things I'm interested in and cancel. The only service that I haven't churned in and out of is Prime Video, but that's only because it's not a standalone / a la carte service.

💬 Nvidia Shield TV update to Android 11 begins rolling out
  1. MouseToggleGuy says:

Mouse Toggle is working but it won't let me click anything. Great.

💬 How to access a File Browser and Internal Storage on an Amazon Echo Show
  1. ERTM Medias says:

I don't know if Amazon changed something, but I've tried right now this procedure and when I clicked at "Export to JSON", appeared a message "this device cannot download this kind of file".By the way, there's any procedure to clean apps cache? All the music information are displayed incomplete on screen since any given update from 2020 (and even returning to factory mode, keeps the same)

💬 Amazon Fire TV Recast Setup Process and Antenna Tips
  1. Victoria says:

Thank you for posting this, it was a big help in getting our Recast set up. Last night, after having been on a chat with Amazon tech support for almost 2 hours, SEVEN reps (5 of whom somehow "dropped" the chat, requiring the next person available to pick up, go through the transcript of what was going on, etc., etc....) I was ready to return it.But this morning I reset and returned all to factory settings and started again with your instructions provided. The only problem was that for some reason the DVD tab does not appear on my screen (everything is updated to the latest version). I have to go to settings-live tv-guide to access television, and then we can record the show from there. Don't know why the DVD tab is missing, but at least I figured out how to use it. The Recast pulls in about 30 more stations that I could get with just the antenna hooked up to the television. Only 2 that I WANT to watch, but such is the state of tv these days....

1. Russ says:

I canceled several months ago. What I don't like about what not just netflix is doing, but is a trend I guess, the modern day soap opera shows, all the shows where there is no ending, they just go on and on.

1. Tom Wooden says:

share acounts

1. Juan C Figueroa says:

Keep increasing price, yet the video bitrate is lame. Most movies looks ugly in dark scenes because this i thing.

1. Zeric says:

I remember when $6/month included both streaming and DVDs in the mail (3 out at a time).We've planning on changing to the lowest tier as we don't often watch on multiple TVs simultaneously. If it goes up too fast in price, we'll drop it.

💬 Fire TV Sticks now support Amazon Music HD streams at 24 bits & 192 kHz
  1. Mike D says:

Perhaps this excerpt will help you sleep better at night lol:A little background—since the 1980s, the reference standard has been the audio CD, which uses 16-bit, 44.1kHz audio. This format provides 96dB of dynamic range and covers the frequency range of 20Hz – 20kHz— basically matching the range of human hearing. Dynamic range is simply the difference in the volume of the softest to loudest musical moments. The dynamic range of classical music rarely goes beyond 60dB while pop music may have as little as 12dB of dynamic range. Traditional analog audio systems like tape and vinyl provide a maximum of about 70- 80dB of dynamic range. FM radio provides about 50dB.The HD and Ultra HD formats provide up to 24-bit, 192kHz audio. 24-bit digital audio provides 144dB of dynamic range, though no analog system can reproduce anywhere near that. A sampling rate of 192kHz provides a frequency response that reaches up to over 90kHz, while the human hearing range tops off nearly two octaves below, at about 20kHz. We can see that while HD and Ultra HD formats do provide more audio bandwidth, the 16-bit, 44.1kHz audio CD standard provides both dynamic range and frequency response that surpasses human hearing

💬 Fire TV Sticks now support Amazon Music HD streams at 24 bits & 192 kHz
  1. Mike D says:

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will settle for using the Amazon interface @ 44.1 kHz for exploring new music, easy listening, playlists, etc... and if I want to sit down and pay attention I can go into Amazon Music thru HEOS and play the larger files that I have found while exploring. Very disappointing with all this incredible gear, but at some point I just had to end the insanity. LOL! So close....yet....
    Good idea! Not worth the effort. I bet you with a blind Sound test you will never be able to tell the difference between 44K/16 bit audio and 96K/24Bit. I have a SACD player for years and cannot tell the difference. Maybe when I was a kid I could tell but my 50+ yard old ears dont stand a chance

1. TechyChris says:

1. Nate says:

Long time Netflix subscriber and am currently partially subsidizing my premium plan via TMO, but I think at $19.99, that is probably the end of the road for me once the next inevitable price increase occurs. I have always drawn a $20 line in the sand for Netflix, especially in recent years as their catalogue of content has shrank considerably. I realize that much of the now lost content is due to the content creators finally getting into the streaming game, but that still doesn't change my current ROI outlook on Netflix. At this point, I can't help but feel as though I am subscribing solely for Netflix's original content; it's great programming, but I don't feel as though it is worth more than $20 per month at this point.

1. Charlie says:

This is why I haven't subscribed in a couple of years. I refuse to help pay for all that extravagant, original content they spend billions on.

💬 How to remap the App Buttons on Fire TV Remotes with Remapper (Updated April 2021)
  1. josh says:

The app you need to have "purchased" is the one that matches the button on your remote. So if you are trying to make the Netflix button launch Kodi, for example, you need to have first "puchased" Netflix. So you would purchase/download Netflix, then uninstall it, then intall the Remapper for Netflix.
    Thank you Elias, you're a real genius!!! No matter how many times I've read it, I still got it wrong, lol. I've been checking your website since the very beginning (firetv 1st gen), and I always find useful ideas from you and other participating members. Keep up the good work.

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Hi Elias, I'm a bit confused. According to your guide: "You must have the app for the button that you want to remap in your Amazon purchase history. If you are not sure if you have ever downloaded/purchased the app, then press the app button and install the app that the button brings up" I thought kodi is sideloaded, and therefor can't be assigned a buttom.

💬 All Firestick and Fire TV Cube models are currently on sale — 3rd-gen Fire TV Stick just $19.99
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

So is 4K Stick native App Storage & Data Access support FireOS 7 based/dependent or should it be something the might be able to add to the 4K thru an update. Any news on that support ??? Trying not to need to downgrade to a Stick Max.
    Amazon can certainly update the 4K Stick to have Fire OS 7-like data access, but I highly doubt it will ever happen. If that's what you're asking.

1. Tim says:

As I recall, there is a time limit on the 20%, but not the credit. Something like 30 days, it will show during the trade-in.
    Thanks!

1. josh says:

Yes, follow the instructions to install the Remapper for Disney+ app, then assign Kodi as the app you want to launch from within the Remapper for Disney+ app.

1. TechyChris says:

Thanks! Do you happen to know if the 20% credit they give you expires quickly or if it can be used anytime in the future (e.g. wait for the next sale)?

💬 How to fix a Fire TV issue causing tiny icons and a zoomed out home screen
  1. MJ Bee says:

I don’t wear glasses and was having to do this haha
    Yep. Figured that one out all by myself. Only problem is, it doesn’t last. Every few days the mini icons are back…on 3 TVs. You would think they would come out with a permanent fix.

1. Y314K says:

1. Tim says:

Hard to say when this specific sale will end but Fire Tv Sticks are always on sale so I wouldn't wait. It's 20% off the Sale Price Not Retail. Sometimes coupons/promotions can be stacked but it varies. I've traded in two older Fire Tv Boxes, and Amazon gave me store credit plus the 20% off after the sale price. Took about 5-7 days for them to process my trade and apply credit/coupons. It was a good deal.

1. TechyChris says:

Do we know when this sale will end? Also, when you do the "Trade-In" offer for 20% off a fire stick device when trading in an older model, does that take 20% off the sale price or retail price? I have an older fire stick to trade-in and want to get 20% off the sale price, but it appears they won't apply the 20% credit until they receive and appraise the item, at which point the sale might be over. I'm looking at a Fire Stick 4K MAX.

1. Tim Lopez says:

1. John says:

There's a way to remap the "tv" button? i disabled the stock launcher and now he don't do anything

1. hectare says:

$20 is a great price, just for the remote

1. hectare says:

What is the cube?
    Fire TV Echo combo, but also has the best hardware of the Fire TV line

💬 Fire TVs can now automatically show Picture-in-Picture feeds of Video Doorbells and Security Cameras
  1. Robert says:

En 2 FireTV 4k y en otro 4k de 3ra generación sale al pedir que muestre tal cámara, una vez abierta la cámara la opción de micrófono y la de minimizar, al minimizar se muestra el PIP en la esquina superior derecha

1. Ke77y says:

What is the cube?

1. Dallas, Texas says:

I know they hve some you hve to look but amazon does know how to lose your item and never delivery it.
    It's not a big deal, that's why I love Amazon. Just do a return and state never received or do an online chat with customer service. Either option will get any and all items replaced in a day or so.

1. Kir says:

without exFAT/NTFS any Fire TV media players are not even worth that much money

💬 How to fix a Fire TV issue causing tiny icons and a zoomed out home screen
  1. Darlene says:

I don’t wear glasses and was having to do this haha
    Same!!! This has been a life saver!!!! Thanks!

1. Jim says:

I've never had a package lost!! They've always delivered on-time.

Get AFTVnews articles in your inbox!

Get an email anytime a new article is published.
No Spam EVER and Cancel Anytime.