Recent Comments

💬 Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is on sale for $24.99 — Lowest Price Ever for Prime Day
  1. Paul says:

Is this the only stick that streams in 4K? That’s what I’m led to believe. Will there be a new 4K model being released any time soon?

💬 Prime members get 21 Photo Prints for Free — Early Prime Day Deal
  1. santos castillo says:

im in prime.i tried over 5 times to enter PRINTS21.It says the code cant be applied to discount.WHY?

💬 Fire TV Recast 500GB is on sale for $129.99 & 1TB is on sale for $179.99 — $100 off
  1. Jerramie Mcgough says:

So this will only record what's on your regular TV not what you watch an apps?

💬 How to add External USB OTG Storage and Move Apps on the Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick 3, and Fire TV Cube
  1. Doug Smith says:

Update: The CUBE now tells me when I insert the flash drive that I can browse the drive, but when I press the OK dialog, nothing happens. When I disconnect the flash drive it tells me thst it has been disconnected. The drive is empty as it has just been formatted. The MY FIRE TV STATUS says "no USB drive found" or nonsense in other words. I can not "see" the drive in any form on the CUBE.

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Will those three months tack on to a year subscription?
    No, not an existing subscription. You have to have not been subscribed for 30 days to qualify for the 3 free months.

1. Luthersman says:

Will those three months tack on to a year subscription?

1. Doug Smith says:

USB (useless Stuff beware) I have a Samsung qled TV (brand new) which has USB ports as well as the usual HDMI ports. I have connected a flash drive and the CUBE does not see it. It is 230G and formatted to eFAT32 which is the only format besides NTFS that WIN10PRO will allow. I have never seen the "e" as part of FAT32, so I don't know if that is the problem?

💬 How to update your sideloaded Peacock TV app on Amazon Fire TV and Firestick — New MAY 2021 APK
  1. LGN says:

Did the 2118 update as well (was working great prior to this but would not open the app without the update). Now I get volume with just about everything but WWE which was the main point of app. Tried the restart etc. Any other ideas? Thanks!

💬 Fire TV Stick 4K will be $24.99 for Prime Day and other Amazon device deals revealed — UPDATED
  1. Bob Morris says:

I just tried that. "Alexa order a 4K Fire Stick" Checked my Amazon cart and it was $39 even though Amazon has them for sale right now at 24.99 so I deleted my cart.
    Ah. The $24.99 is for Prime Members only. If you're a member it might work otherwise go online and join first.

1. Bob Morris says:

How do you order that thru Alexa??

1. TechyChris says:

You can get the new Echo Dot with clock for $34.99. It's only $34.99 when you order with Alexa. Just say, “Alexa, order a Blue Echo Dot with Clock.“
    Thanks, yes I'm aware of this BUT Amazon has given me other credits that can ONLY be used on the actual Prime Days. The point is I made previous purchases based on getting those credits. If I make the purchase today as you mentioned I can't use those credits. If Amazon removes that Alexa order special or raises prices tomorrow the credits are essentially worthless. It would be nice to have insider information to know when to purchase for maximum savings.

💬 Amazon finally lets you hide its preinstalled apps on Fire TVs
  1. TechyChris says:

It should be illegal for devices to have " apps " that you cannot remove, from a device that you purchased.. it's B.S.
    This has been an ethical debate since the dawn of streaming but the reality is you are purchasing the hardware and have no rights or ownership of the software installed on the device. I don't like it either but it is a fact and would take the implementation of new consumer protection laws to change the status quo. I don't see that happening any time soon.

💬 Amazon finally lets you hide its preinstalled apps on Fire TVs
  1. R Towles says:

I totally agree!!!!!

💬 Amazon finally lets you hide its preinstalled apps on Fire TVs
  1. R Towles says:

I want to uninstall so many default apps that FireTV has; do you think Amazon is going to come up with that feature or can you relay or influence these features?
    I totally agree. I wish I could uninstall apps that I NEVER use.

1. grumpygramp says:

Elias will you be doing a final round up of all the deals just before the start of Prime Day "Official" tomorrow? I am getting tons of emails and notifications from Amazon to "Buy Now" BEFORE Prime Day and I'm wondering if the deals will be better tomorrow. In particular I need a new Echo but I specifically want the one with the clock (which is not listed as on sale) AND I want the 6 month's Amazon Music Unlimited deal. Everyday Amazon changes things, the Unlimited goes from 1 free month to 6 free now back to 4...what gives?

1. TechyChris says:

1. cindy says:

I have the 2118 update on my Firestick. Since doing the update last month, it takes three times and about 10 minutes, for Peacock to finally open. Then it usually plays for a few minutes then throws back to the FireTV main menu. Did I miss an update? Anyone else have this issue? Thankfully, Peacock is now on Samsung TVs so it works on one TV, but thinking I need to get a new device, like a Roku. Do all Rokus work with PeacockTV?

1. c ag says:

You can get the Fire TV Stick 4K right now (Jun 18) for $24.99 if you order it through Alexa. It says it's valid through Midnight June 20th (or while supplies last).
    How do you order that thru Alexa??

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. Mike Jones says:

If you subscribed via Amazon prime you cannot link to the Paramount + app. It requires account login info which does not accept your Amazon info. If you set up your account via Paramount+ then you can access the site solely. Tried it, called on it, learned it.
    Yes you can. I just did it. Here's a link to help you.https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Is-Paramount-available-as-a-channel-on-Prime-VideoHope this helps

💬 How to install / sideload the real TikTok app on Amazon Fire TV, Firestick, or Android TV
  1. Brian Huseman says:

I tried sideloading the "official" APK 2 days ago, the app installed fine, works with just the remote optimized for tv etc. BUT (and it's a big one) when I attempted to login it told me not available in my country: USA All I could do was view the popular posts on the main page essentially making it useless, for now.
    Yep!

1. AW says:

Works like a charm using Downloader. Thanks, Elias!

1. Trevor says:

What voice command do you give in the Amazon app to the see the voice exclusive deals? Im just getting the normal deals page. Thanks.

1. John c says:

Looking to buy a nice 65” tv,Do you think they will have any upscale brands or just the insignias and toshibas?

💬 Amazon Fire TV Recast now supports external USB Hard Drive Storage Expansion
  1. JordanAlbert says:

It's an interesting article..!! Thanks for sharing. Looks Useful. Keep Posting. For External Hard Drive Queries, How To Fix WD My Passport External Hard Drive Not Showing Up? Check in to our site and get solution..!!

1. Andrew Hopkins says:

Peacock tv no longer working on my firestick. I've tried the 2118 update a couple of times. Also Uninstalled it and uploaded it again nut nothing works.

1. Matt says:

💬 How to stream Dolby Atmos surround sound on Amazon Fire TV devices
  1. Bubba says:

OK.Another matter then:I have a 2nd Generation Fire TV.A few days after I received the new Update ( 5.2.6.6 Build 617513120 ) , the "Apps" Section reverts to the Home Screen.By that I mean that when I scroll over from: Home - Your Videos - Movies - TV Shows - Apps - Settings ... scrolling upon the "Apps" section automatically reverts me to the Home Screen.It seems to me, that is the same manner as if I were to press the " House / Home" button on the remote. Obviously I do not.Mind you that this new update installed automatically on August 31st for me. And this issue appeared on September 3rd. Before then, everything worked as it should.Also, besides this App section issue, my 2nd Gen FTV works great.This App Section issue literally appeared overnight. I do not know whether is it a backend issue, or a true Bug that crept up.I have tried rebooting to no avail. As well as other things I have read that might have helped. They did not.I ask if you have any contacts at Amazon please relay my message to them. I would greatly appreciate it.Thank You.
    I have the old fire stick 4k. Takes getting used to, to find the Atmos compatible movies. I generally use the Sonos app to tell me what format the audio is in. Some Disney shows work on Disney + and some amazon shows. If you want to find the amazon shows you can search adobe Atmos and they got a filter that will bring it up. I hope this answers your question. The stick is updated to the new software update.

💬 How to stream Dolby Atmos surround sound on Amazon Fire TV devices
  1. Bubba says:

Anyone ever found a reason why Amazon makes it so complicated to find the UHD Versions? You could think they don't want us to stream it. In the recommendations you always find the FullHD Versions of a series, the search normally also only replies the FullHD Versions. It always annoyed me, that's why this time i complained about to to the PrimeVideo Twitter Account. They even replied, that they will forward the complain. I unfortunately don't think anything will happen, but it wouldn't hurt if more people comlain about this bullsh*t
    Just search Atmos and it will come up with all Atmos amazon movies.

💬 This is why your Amazon Fire TV USB port is not working
  1. TJM says:

Thanks problems solved.

1. Red says:

I think I got the best deal with the Disney + promotion a couple months ago for a free Fire TV Stick Lite after purchasing a one month subscription for $5.
    Discovery+

💬 Peacock TV update is having audio and commercial ad issues on Fire TV devices
  1. Andrew says:

I too sideloaded Peacock. When the app opens it reads "Update required" then you get "this app is trying to open a link with an external market that is not available on this device. Would you like to open this link with the Amazon Appstore instead?" You get continue or cancel. Continue takes you to "The app you are looking for could not be found" In short the sideloading doesn't seem to be the answer.

💬 Benchmark Results for Walmart’s Onn 4K Android TV Streaming Box
  1. JohnnyJT says:

Will not sync in 4K on my 55 inch LG OLED 3D UHD TV. Have to switch to 1080p. Needs a New Update?

💬 Peacock TV update is having audio and commercial ad issues on Fire TV devices
  1. Tina says:

I have also been experiencing the commercials cutting too soon. I changed the audio as noted and this seems to have fixed it. Yay!!! Thank you!

1. Rik Emmett says:

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

do you think the fire stick 3rd gen would go on sale prime day?
    UPDATE: I just found out that the 3rd-gen Fire TV Stick will be $22.99 and the Fire TV Stick Lite will be $17.99 during Prime Day. I've updated the article.

1. ben says:

never ind lol jsut read it
    actually the one i was talking about is in your article its on sale for 19.99 but just saw the lite 2 dollars cheaper, may upgrade to that one. i think it works, but just to make sure if i do the trade in thing with my fire stick 2 I can use the 20% credit on prime day right?

1. ben says:

yeah more i thought about , what about the lite?
    never ind lol jsut read it

1. ben says:

Hard to say. It is by far the least likely model to go on sale, so it may just not get discounted at all during Prime Day.
    yeah more i thought about , what about the lite?

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

do you think the fire stick 3rd gen would go on sale prime day?

1. Ron says:

Really want a cube, $80.00 price would be hard to pass up on, but I keep thinking we are less then 6 months away from a 3rd gen model.

💬 Amazon Appstore will reduce its developer revenue cut from 30% to 20% and give 10% in Free AWS Credit
  1. Bill Gates says:

holy shit I thought amazon was taking more of my money. misleading title

1. J says:

Please make your title make more sense. As read, it seems like Amazon is taking an extra 10% of the cut.

1. ben says:

do you think the fire stick 3rd gen would go on sale prime day?

💬 How to install / sideload Peacock app by NBC on Amazon Fire TV or Firestick
  1. LYNNE says:

ths app is absolutely effin worthless NOTHING ABOUT IT WORKS LIKE WTH?

1. Catherine T Hernandez says:

I just did the update and it's working perfectly on my fire cube. Many thanks!
    I used the 2118 code without success

1. Jim Lucas says:

I just did the update and it's working perfectly on my fire cube. Many thanks!

💬 How to install / sideload Peacock app by NBC on Amazon Fire TV or Firestick
  1. JC says:

This did not work. It would not install properly onto the the app does not show up properly int the app screen, it I shows a broken symbol, then when I try to open the App, I get an error to update the app, which I can not do.
    Same here

💬 YouTube Kids app by Google is now available on Amazon Fire TV devices
  1. Emilie Del says:

Why don't they tell you how much the subscription costs first.imstead of free 7 day trial.how much is it

💬 How to install / sideload Peacock app by NBC on Amazon Fire TV or Firestick
  1. Jim Moncher says:

I have down loaded everything the app all patches still get the puss in boots picture, Any Help+

1. Julie Addington says:

yup! sad puss in boots! i tried the above update, and just wont work. at least i won my free trial thru monopoly, but it really sucks that ALL these companies just cant get their ish together and work together. my friend told me they installed a mirror app to solve the problem from iOS to the fire stick. its fustrating because it worked for like a hot minute and then not.
    I'm stuck with Puss and Boots, too. Just uninstalled the old one completely and installed the latest update above but it only took me as far as logging in, then flips between the cat and "something went wrong."

Get AFTVnews articles in your inbox!

Get an email anytime a new article is published.
No Spam EVER and Cancel Anytime.