Recent Comments

💬 2022 Jeep Wagoneer will be the first vehicle to come with Amazon Fire TV integration
  1. abrhmg says:

💬 Fire TV Sticks now support Amazon Music HD streams at 24 bits & 192 kHz
  1. Scott E says:

I agree, very helpful! Same deal here, only stream @ 16/192 with Marantz SR7008 (another D&M products like Denon). Using Firestick 4K plugged into HDMI port on AVR. Monitor is an older Samsung plasma. When I plug the Firestick directly into TV shows Device capability: 24/192. Digital out on Samsung is limited to 16/48 DD 2.0 returning to AVR. Tried to "trick the stick" by running through Oppo HDMI pass through...denied, still sees the Marantz. In the mean time I've rolled back the version per Kris's instructions for 24-bit playback. Thanks for that idea. I was using the Bluesound Node 2i with the Amazon HD music. The AVR would track whatever the incoming track quality was perfectly. The user interface was abysmal so I returned it...plus, it's like $500 more than the stick! Just hoping for a fix

💬 Amazon’s Echo Show runs Android and has Developer Options
  1. Barbara Beatty says:

My friend bought an Echo Show, set it up and can get video calls with others who have iPhone, no problem. I have an Android phone, Galaxy S10+ and have Alexa app on my phone. I can call or dropin on her echo show, calling from inside my alexa spp just fine.THE CHALLENGE is she cannot reach my alexa app phone or video when she calls ME from her Echo Show. Why not? Still trying to figure out. I CAN get her text or voice messages from Show. Just no voice or video or call ring. Is my Android phone stopping her show or vice versa. The android has ALL permissions open and notifications in Alexa. Thanks for Anyone's help on this! Barb

💬 Plex will soon integrate into the Fire TV’s Live Experience
  1. Adam says:

I'm one that doesn't want the new UI. Sideloaded apps have missing image banners, and the UI is less app-centric and more curation-centric.
    Yeah, I'm kinda not looking forward to the change either. We have specific apps we use and don't use much of the Amazon content so it's not likely to be a beneficial change to us. And my wife hates any and all UI changes so I'm sure I'll hear about it. :)

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. oasis_001 says:

Used to log in to CBS All Access using my Cable TV provider, cannot do the same with Paramount Plus on my cube, just get options to sign up to the trials but can on my mobile where free content shows up???
    I think I read that the plan is for their to be a separate CBS app that will be available for users to authenticate with Cable TV provider. It will give you LIVE TV feeds and probably some limited CBS content, but not all that will be available on Paramount+.

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. russ says:

I wonder if channels will get pulled from services like youtube tv and we'll be forced into separate apps for each set of channels.

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. Red says:

One Month Free Trial of Paramount+ Ad-Free Plan (normally $9.99 a Month) with promo code MOUNTAIN
    Sorry, missed that u mentioned it already in the post.

💬 Plex will soon integrate into the Fire TV’s Live Experience
  1. hdmkv says:

I dont care who integrates with Amazon's guide. If I dont receive the new u.i update soon I'm getting rid of my fire tv. I hate the fact I have nothing but a Ron of junk that can not be hidden & they keep adding apps that I can not uninstall. I have no complaints with my roku devices & I think very soon I'm getting rid of my Toshiba fire tv.

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. Red says:

1. Mike Blakeslee says:

I’m hoping since its starting in a FCA (Stellantis) vehicle that they’ll make it so you might be able to update other FCA vehicles, like my 2019 RAM lol, to that system or just install an update of sorts to it. I already have one of the latest infotainment system in it. The 8.4 4C NAV UAQ. That would be so awesome!!!!

💬 Why you should never power a Fire TV Stick from your TV’s USB port
  1. Zeric says:

Hi Michael,I have been powering my Firestick 4k through my TV and I lost my sound. When going to settings the Audio settling were frozen and on always dolby digital. I therefore had to reset my firestick back to factory setting and is now set to best available. I am now going to use the power pack. I have put it into the mains on an iphone plug but I guess that does make any difference. I don’t suppose you can turn the power pack off at night from the plug switch?
    There is a slight risk one will remove power during a firmware update and brick the device. The more frequently power is removed, the more chance of this happening. Devices like this are designed to be left plugged into power for the most part.The amount of power they use is quite minimal when quiescent, so unless one is using off-grid power where every milliwatt counts, like relying exclusively on solar, it's not worth the bother to unplug them.

💬 Why you should never power a Fire TV Stick from your TV’s USB port
  1. Bob Edgeworth says:

There is a reason that HDTVs USB were never designed for a Fire TV or other streaming devices. The engineer selecting the USB chip can choose a current limit or voltage limit.If a current limit is used in the HDTV USB chip, current over 2.5 watts, voltage will increase. That voltage will heat your stick up and cause premature failure.When the engineer selects a voltage limit USB, the excess wattage (from the stick at HD streaming) will pull more current from the HDTV and destroy the USB chip inside the TV.But there is a much better use of the USB in your HDTV and that is for local access such as a hard drive or maybe your NAS. Most HDTVs are designed with that in mind and have a file explorer that is not built into any of the fire TV models. As long as you don't fry it by running too much current thru it.

💬 Google is reskinning Android TV to look more like Google TV from the 2020 Chromecast
  1. L.V. Legit says:

just show our apps on the home screen and nothing more,unless there is a option for other shit on your home screen if you want it.
    Enjoy not knowing what to watch since there won't be adds for wants on.

💬 Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV 3 will get Amazon’s new Fire TV interface in March
  1. L.V. Legit says:

I'm getting tired of waiting. I have a toshiba fire tv & nothing so far. Everything else in my house is roku & I have no complaints. The current fire tv interface just plain sucks & if they dont update soon I intend to replace this tv with a samsung or lg.
    Stop overreacting. you know we'll that a Roku don't have a browser, so you can't stream from websites like you can on the Amazon Silk Browser. Roku games are inferrior if you ever wanna just play a game for some random reason, even if you don't game. You can sideload (install apps from websites) apps. and do so much more, and it doesn't even lag or freeze with general usage unless you got the Fire TV Cube first Gen which was under powered or some old Fire TV device like the Fire TV Stick 1st gen or First Gen Fire TV. Also, ever thought about how useful those ads and recommendations can be when you don't wanna watch what you've been watching. And the best thing, ex can control your home if you have a smart plug or strip, or compatible security, etc, or simply give you the weather when you wake up and watch the news

1. L.V. Legit says:

Indeed ridiculous. As it it ridiculous that the less powerful Stick Lite and Stick 3 run on Fire OS 7 while the Stick 4K is still on Fire OS 6. Either update the Stick 4K to Fire OS 7 or release a new Stick, for heaven's sake!
    Because it's how they get desperate consumers to spend on their newer products. And regardless if a company comes out with a more inferrior, in this case, display resolutions, and whatever else I forgot, a company's newer product will usually have the newer product that was already design for them. And it's Android, great OS like Android takes a lot of time. Haven't you notice, we barely get bug fix updates while a certain fruit company does. haha. And btw, chill

1. L.V. Legit says:

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

"Privacy Filter?" $20 says a work around for this will be posted to XDA within a week of initial public release! On a related note, purchased my first new vehicle last year with the Android Auto Infotainment Center, was super excited. What a turd, you literally can't do anything with it (except navigation) what a waste of extra $$$. Much better off connecting your phone via bluetooth.
    I'm curious about that filter as well. It could just be something that physically blocks the screen for all we know.BTW, I too was disappointed when I first got my hands on Android Auto. I'd love to see Fire TV for Auto evolve to take over the car's entire infotainment system.

💬 Paramount+ launches on Amazon Fire TV and Prime Video Channels
  1. Phil Nabozny says:

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Just in: Elias Saba no longer cares about his audience! Will not buy latest Fire TV!I knew it!!!! This guy shills out and just doesn't care about his readers anymore!!! Pretty sad that a mere 60 grand scares off this guy from giving his readers what they want!!!11111[Elias - Did I about hit all of the trolling tasting notes on this one? :)]For real though, I am interested how this implementation will be received by the end users. Amazon seems to be making a real play into the automotive world now.
    LOL! You've exposed me!Once they're out, I'll see if Amazon PR can get me some time with one or at least get me in contact with someone at Jeep that can help. Otherwise, I'll try to find one to rent for a day or maybe get lucky with a local dealership/salesman that doesn't care if I mess with one for a few hours.

1. TechyChris says:

1. Nate says:

Sadly, this will be the first "Fire TV" that I don't buy, for obvious reasons. I'll try to find some way to get some time with one if at all possible.

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

💬 Amazon Fire TV now has over 400 integrated live channels, of which about half are free
  1. hdmkv says:

Terrific! I see the 'Live TV' tab and button on remote being a staple in future Fire TV hardware releases.

💬 Amazon’s head of Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Kindle, Luna, and more leaves to join Unity
  1. David Fleetwood says:

Right, because most of them have left this dying company.
    Not saying that at all, only that there has been one heck of an exodus of long term execs over the past two months. I spent 8.5 years there and I never saw turnover like this.

💬 XUMO integrates 50 Free Channels into Fire TVs Live Program Guide
  1. Mike Agner says:

Dumb question - did you delete and reinstall Xumo, then resync channels? It works OK here - altho I still have absolutely no idea what this Live TV option is used for or why it's such a big deal

💬 XUMO integrates 50 Free Channels into Fire TVs Live Program Guide
  1. RG Geiger says:

Xumo crapped out. Wow what a difference 2 weeks makes. Suddenly xumo no longer updates to guide. Really a shame I loved pet collective but reinstalling in hopes of getting it to work again has resulted in nothing appearing in the guide. I don't tolerate this kind of failure. Uninstalled and may never even try it again.

💬 Plex will soon integrate into the Fire TV’s Live Experience
  1. Adam O'Donnell says:

Any word on Locast?I'm currently using Locast as the tuner for my Plex Live TV & DVR (instead of an HDHomeRun) because the antenna doesn't work well in my area, which is why I've pretty much stopped using the Recast.

💬 Plex will soon integrate into the Fire TV’s Live Experience
  1. Dominick says:

💬 How to decode an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Serial Number
  1. Ben says:

I need help with it. My serial number isn't like that. According to the Informer app, the settings app, and ADB, the serial number is G070L8239485****

💬 Plex will soon integrate into the Fire TV’s Live Experience
  1. Wayne k says:

Elias, you can get the locals integrated with air tv / sling, even though it may not be the best tuner. Related note. Anything from Amazon you can share on some upgrades to the recast, especially as atsc 3.0 comes along.

💬 How to Sideload apps on the 2020 Chromecast with Google TV using Downloader
  1. Jot. says:

OMG thank you!

💬 Used 1st-gen Fire TV Cube is $39.99 at Woot
  1. JFC says:

Sorry, I think I meant to say the 1st Gen Fire TV Cube, in addition to having 16 GB of standard ROM, also has a MicroUSB port that allows you to attach an external USB drive, for added misc file storage... While the standard on-device 16 GB of ROM for apps is double that of the Fire TV Stick 4K, which still seems stuck with an older OS that prevents you moving apps onto any external storage you might add to the 8 GB stick.

💬 Used 1st-gen Fire TV Cube is $39.99 at Woot
  1. JFC says:

Woot has them on sale again now for the same price.Another couple differences between the Fire Stick 4K and the 1st Gen. Cube, are, AFAIK:--the Cube comes with 16 GB ROM standard, meaning no more trying to squeeze too many apps onto the very limited available space on the 4K.--the 1st Gen also seems to come with a MicroSD card slot, like the Fire TV Box 2nd gen, making it even easier to add extra file store for non-app stuff.

💬 Amazon’s Alexa Smart Sticky Note Printer reaches pre-order goal and will be released
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

"Smart Sticky Note Printer must be paired to a compatible Echo device (sold separately). It is NOT compatible with Echo (1st Gen), Echo Dot (1st Gen), Echo Plus (1st Gen), Echo Dot Kids Edition, or Amazon Tap."What do the listed incompatible devices lack that would make them not work with this printer?I hope we are not seeing forced obsolescence here.
    I'm pretty sure all of the incompatible Echo models are Bluetooth 3.0 devices. Since all of these Alexa Gadgets communicate with the Echo they're paired with over Bluetooth, I'm betting the Echo needs to support at least Bluetooth 4.1.

💬 Android TV / Google TV gain IMDb TV, Amazon Music, and Apple TV apps
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Yes! Amazon Music launched in Nvidia SHIELD two years ago. The app was exclusive too the device to now.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I forgot that Amazon and Nvidia made an agreement for Prime Video and Amazon Music that bypassed the appstore.

1. Kurtois says:

1. Jeff says:

Will the last executive leaving Amazon please remember to turn out the lights?
    Right, because most of them have left this dying company.

💬 Android TV / Google TV gain IMDb TV, Amazon Music, and Apple TV apps
  1. Kawshik Ahmed says:

Amazon Music has been available on my 2019 Shield since I got it middle of last year.

💬 Fire TV Sticks now support Amazon Music HD streams at 24 bits & 192 kHz
  1. Gary Charles Adler says:

This forum was very helpful. Thanks. I tried both the fire stick and fire stick lite connected to an Onkyo Rz 730 AVR via the HDMI / ARC on a TCL 6 Series TV. The fire stick passes thru 24 / 192. The fire stick lite capped out at 24 / 48. FYI.

💬 Android TV / Google TV gain IMDb TV, Amazon Music, and Apple TV apps
  1. Adam says:

💬 How to Uninstall apps on Amazon Fire TV / Firestick / Fire TV Cube / Fire TV Edition
  1. Momof4 says:

Thank you so much! Glad to see we can finally get it on the firestick app. This was extremely helpful. Thank you again

💬 All the differences between the Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick 3, and Fire TV Stick 4K
  1. Toby Flenderson says:

Finally! Thanks for completing the sequence, Jim.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A CAMERA HERE? Nobody has a camera here

💬 Amazon No-Rush credits expire this weekend — Also, ‘Whiplash’ and other films are on sale for $0.99
  1. Donna says:

This article was SO helpful to find .99 movies to use up my $3! Amazon's search couldn't help me, it did not filter out correctly and was horrible to use. Your article got right to the point with great suggestions. Thank you! Please do another article next time they expire! So glad I found this.

💬 Amazon Luna cloud gaming service is now available to Fire TV owners without needing an invitation
  1. Mark says:

Wow. This blows. My handicapped son has the FTV2 game edition, with controller, and it appears it cannot be used in any way, shape, or fashion. NOT going to pay $50 for another game controller where support will be dropped in 3 months time. Amazon really got greedy with this one. Perfect service for my son as well. He would have been so happy.

💬 How to update your sideloaded HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV and Firestick — Updated Feb. 2021 w/ Latest APK
  1. Tally says:

Hello! The latest update for Feb 2021 is not working. It won’t download. What else can I try?

1. Frustrated AV fan. says:

Good! Maybe we can hire someone who will give the AV Fans what they need? Something comparable to the nvidia shield, DTS, ATMOS etc passthrough for more than just prime content. E.g Plex.

💬 Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite is on sale for $21.99
  1. Lucas Brown says:

The price of this TV Stick Lite makes it a strong competitor of the Roku device. Also with the Mediatek chip at its core, the performance is good. love the bundle of apps that are available

💬 How to fix an empty or buggy Apps row on the Fire TV home screen
  1. PJ999 says:

Thank you Jerry. This fix worked for me. The only thing I would recommend is after the fix, unplug the device from the mains for a minute or so and then reboot. Worked for me perfectly afterwards. Thank you again.
    And thank you KH for original post

💬 How to fix an empty or buggy Apps row on the Fire TV home screen
  1. PJ999 says:

Awesome this work with my new firestick 2018. I woke up one morning and the firestick updated I think but all my apps where gone(huden/invisible ) the only way to get to them was thou manage your apps in the settings folder I try all the above nothing work un till I saw your comment thanks so much I was lost (If anyone still experiencing the same problem, I found the solution for all Gens. First, go to settings > Applications > appstore > Hide Cloud apps (ON). This will fix your issue instantly.)

💬 Disney Plus is increasing its price in March 2021
  1. Kenji says:

So since I just paid $69.99 this month (February 2021) do I have to pay the new $79.99 next month? If not, whew! I don't have to pay it till February 2022

Get AFTVnews articles in your inbox!

Get an email anytime a new article is published.
No Spam EVER and Cancel Anytime.