Recent Comments

💬  How to enable Apps from Unknown Sources on an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
  1. Bradly says:

I don't have a system tab in settings and I don't have the fire tv tab. I also cant hit ok because my remote does not have that either

1. Bradly says:

i dont have a system tab in settings

💬  Fire TVs can now automatically show Picture-in-Picture feeds of Video Doorbells and Security Cameras
  1. Eric says:

Wish this would work for motion notifications like it does on Apple TV. Most of the time people don't ring the doorbell. Routines don't really cut it, but is there an Alexa command to show a camera in a PiP window? Everything I've tried didn't work.
    So the command is "Preview " - but if the TV isn't turned on it will use CEC to turn on the TV which is a dealbreaker for me. Hopefully someday they will add motion as an option to trigger PiP.

1. Eric says:

💬  Customizable buttons on the Fire TV Pro Remote cannot open Sideloaded Apps
  1. Alexa says:

Yes, just say "Switch to HDMI 2" (or whatever input you want) into the remote. Then you can assign that voice command to a custom button. Then when you press that button it will always switch to that input without needing to say anything.
    Couldn't find it by searching. I might be able to push it to the device i want in 180 days. Smh

💬  The Best Black Friday Deals on Streaming Devices — Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Shield TV, Apple TV, & Roku
  1. Billie1966 says:

Walmart has the Chromecast with Google TV 4K for 29.00 with Stranger Things character bundled... Hope this link will work: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chromecast-with-Google-TV-4K-Streaming-Media-Player-with-Funko-POP-TV-Stranger-Things-Eleven-with-Eggos/1983672566?athbdg=L1800
    Michael thank you so much for that link it’s an excellent deal happy holiday

💬  Fire TV software update makes it easier than ever to get to your apps
  1. MrAnhell says:

I feel amazon will eventually disable sideloading and developer options and when they do....they'll lose 70% of their customers.

💬  3rd-gen Fire TV Cube is on sale for the first time ever in Europe
  1. Ben says:

Except you will be out of luck for any Android apps or games if you go with the Apple TV. Plus if you don't have any other Apple ecosystem devices in your home then it is pointless to have.
    Not at all.I know plenty of people that have the ATV as their only Apple device while having Android everything else.

1. Wingnutt says:

Looks like I'll be picking up some $16 fire tv remotes that come with throw away fire tv sticks.
    I actually got the second to the most recent firetv remote, L5B83G, last year for $10 on ebay. It was a month or so after the March release.

💬  Top Black Friday Deals on Streaming Services — HBO Max, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, Discovery+, and more
  1. Frank says:

Yep I got it . First I had to cancel my hulu subscription and then get subscription in my wife's gmail account.

1. Frank says:

You can also get Disney+ for $2.99/month when you sign up for Hulu for $1.99/month. That offer is listed just below the $1.99 offer

1. D Banginn says:

Where did you find the Hulu offer? It doesn't show on my Amazon Prime. Only the list that Elias has are appearing.
    The Hulu or Hulu/Disney offer is on Hulu.com. You cannot get it elsewhere.

1. Kris says:

Not sure if it's only for certain people, but I got an IPVanish e-mail with a better deal. It comes up as $31.49 for the 1st year, of IPVanish VPN and VIPRE antivirus, using promo code BLACK76. And if you wait long enough on the ordering page, a popup for an additional 10% off will be available.

1. Mike says:

1. D Banginn says:

1. D Banginn says:

Roku has several discounted subscriptions through its The Roku Channel. More than Amazon and with most cheaper than through Amazon.$0.99/month for two months:Paramount+(no ads), Starz, Showtime, BET+, Epic, Hallmark Movies Now, Up Faith & Family, Fox Nation, Cinemax, Lifetime Movie Club, Noggin, A&E Crime Central, History Vault, The Great Courses, Curiosity Stream, Topic, ScreenPix, BBC Select, ConTV, Fandor, Demand Africa, Dove Channel, Hopster Learning, Kocowa, MotorTrend, OutTV, Screambox, True Royalty, Viewster Anime, Docurama$0.99/month for three months:Discovery+(with ads)$1.99/month for two months:AMC+, Acorn TV, Allblk, Britbox, Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited(It's worth noting that an AMC+ subscription includes access to Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited)

1. Mike says:

https://www.plex.tv/fan-friday-2022/Or use code FANFRIDAY22
    Thanks! That worked great.

1. Curtis says:

Any idea on the discount code for Plex? The link doesn't take you directly to any discounted rate.
    https://www.plex.tv/fan-friday-2022/Or use code FANFRIDAY22

1. Michael says:

💬  [UPDATED] Every Fire TV Smart TV Deal for Black Friday — Listed and compared to past sales
  1. Mark says:

Just a FYI...Here in SW Ohio area, every TV marked here as "Sold Out" are available to me either via Best Buy (same prices) or Amazon themselves.

1. Mike says:

💬  Over a dozen streaming services are on sale for $2/month — Includes Paramount+, AMC+, Showtime, Starz, Epix, and more
  1. Mike says:

Add Hulu for $2 and Disney for $3 for a whole year
    Strange... I don't see either Hulu or Disney on the specials.

💬  All Fire Tablets on sale for Black Friday at all-time low prices — Starting at $39.99
  1. Bob says:

The 2022 model of Fire 8/Fire 8 Plus is also on sale. The links are for the 2020 model.

💬  Kasa Smart Bulb is $4.99 and Blink Mini Camera is $19.99 if ordered through Alexa during Black Friday
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Cannot get the Kasa deal to work through Alexa any which ways.
    The deal page now says the offer is no longer available. Only the Blink Mini cameras are still available with an extra discount through Alexa. https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=21439365011&tag=aftvndeal-20

💬  Echo Studio drops to new low of $154.99 in rare sale for Black Friday — Includes Free Color Hue Smart Bulb
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

The all time low was $149.99 + 2 Phillips Hue White smart bulbs, Prime Day 2020. I still have the invoice.
    You're right! Sorry that I missed that when I checked through past sales. I even covered the deal myself. Thanks for pointing out the mistake! I've updated the article accordingly.

1. Manuel says:

1. mrvco says:

The HBO deal is only for the 'with ads' tier. They've been spamming me multiple times per day with that offer for several days now and unsubscribe isn't working.

1. Al F. says:

Same here with Philo, only 1 month @$5

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

I think you have a typo on the Philo deal. I just clicked the link and went through the signup. It gave me $5 for only one month, not three
    Yup, you're absolutely right! I've fixed it. Thanks for pointing out the mistake!

1. Jeff W says:

1. Jingpak says:

Cannot get the Kasa deal to work through Alexa any which ways.

1. Mark says:

Disappointed. No real 'deals' that I am seeing. Seemed way better deals leading up to these standard sales prices I'm seeing.

💬  50″ Hisense QLED 4K Fire TV Smart TV drops to new low of $299.99 for Black Friday
  1. Mark says:

I bought this during Prime Day and ended up returning it due to the horrific viewing angles. While not a Fire TV, the TLC 55" 55S546 that will be delivered on Monday, which was $199 a few days ago, seems a killer deal in comparison. Even with the slow Google OS, I plan on using my 2nd gen Cube with it.I must admit, 97% of the "Black Friday Deals" on actual Black Friday, aren't all that great, to me anyway. We'll have to wait and see if Cyber Monday brings any better, more notable "deals" than what today's "deals" have been.

💬  Echo Show 5 w/ Free Echo Auto is $34.99 making it one of the largest Black Friday discounts at 74% off
  1. Mark says:

Best Buy gave me an Echo Show 5 when I bought my 55" Toshiba M550 in October. I got the Echo auto a few years ago. It's still in the box. Hahaha. But the Echo Show 5 IS pretty nice! This IS a good deal, even if the Echo Auto wasn't included. Surprised they are still trying to make that one, relevant.

1. Erinsescence says:

I was able to snag this during Prime Day and am very happy with it!

💬  3rd-gen Fire TV Cube is up to 27% off for Black Friday outside of the US
  1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Amazon Japan ¥3,000 off (15%) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09BZY8HBN
    Thanks for the heads up! I added it to the list.

💬  USB port on the Fire TV Cube 3 loses power when the device is alseep, causing issues with external Gigabit Ethernet adapters and more
  1. DaMacFunkin says:

In regards to Hard wiring a Gigabit Ethernet adapter into the USB port does anybody have a recommendation for this device, I’m using a Ugreen USB 3 hub that worked fine on the Fire Stick 4K Max, on the new cube it freezes if I decide to play back a local file. Could the USB port be capped also?

💬  Echo Dots are down to $14.99 for Black Friday — New 5th-gen Echo Dot on sale and includes free smart bulbs
  1. Bob says:

I noticed the conflicting info too. The product page says:"The Echo Dot offers a built in Hub with Alexa. Ask Alexa to control Zigbee-compatible devices. No additional Philips Hue hub required."So I'm going to assume it does have the hub.
    From Amazon: If you're not sure if your Echo device has a hub, ask Alexa. Say, "Do you have a smart home hub?"

💬  Fire TV Stick 4K Max is down to $34.99 for Black Friday and regular Stick 4K is $24.99
  1. 3688xkevin says:

Amazon Japan Fire TV Stick 4K Max ¥3,480 (USD 25.3) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09JFLJTZG

💬  3rd-gen Fire TV Cube is up to 27% off for Black Friday outside of the US
  1. 3688xkevin says:

Amazon Japan ¥3,000 off (15%) https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09BZY8HBN

💬  Browser Plugin now available for Downloader app on Android TV
  1. Prince Kumar says:

Very useful app

1. SethK says:

💬  3rd-gen Fire TV Cube is up to 27% off for Black Friday outside of the US
  1. Bill Bedgord says:

Apple TV all the way.

💬  Fire TV revamps how to add Live TV Sources to the Channel Guide
  1. Harry Burdett says:

How about Tablo??? I had a FTV Recast for 4 years and it finally died, RIP Recast....the integration was great..I'm hoping they add Tablo tuners eventually, it works better than the Recast.

💬  Amazon Echo Spot and Echo Show now display a keypad to navigate menu prompts during phone calls
  1. Fernando says:

Como habilitar a função do teclado para discar diretamente na tela ? Alguem poderia me ajudar a fazer isso no Echo show 8 ?

1. Joe says:

The 58” U6HF has a $50 credit promo code that ends 11/24. Does that portend an imminent discount? Perhaps a Black Friday/Cyber Monday lightning deal like they had for the 50” model?

1. Bob says:

https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/explore-hue/works-with/amazon-alexa/set-upLooks like this model of hue bulbs will configure as bluetooth mesh when configuring with only an echo device and the alexa app. So it should work whether your echo device has a built-in ZigBee hub or not. At least that my guess.

💬  Apple undercuts the Fire TV Cube with a new cheaper Apple TV 4K
  1. James Hatfield says:

Same old ten year old ugly interface. It can’t even control my tv or SOUNDBAR. The Fire TV Cube can control all of my devices with one remote. I’m an Apple fanboy but Apple TV sucks.
    are you high? the amazon firetv os ; well it's UI is so awful i get nasuea when trying to navigate its infinite windows and scrolling. they need to fire the UI designer immed.

💬  Luna Controller for Fire TV is down to $39.99 for Black Friday — Lowest Price Ever
  1. Juan C. Figueroa says:

Not at all familiar with Luna, but as a PC games controller, maybe. Problem I see is that it takes AA batteries. I would want a controller to be rechargeable, but then again I've hardly ever used a controller and maybe most of them take batteries?
    I have a Xbox bluetooth controller and it uses batteries and you are right, it eats energy as hell. To minimize a little the use of power i disable vibration in games. It may save some battery.

1. Elias Saba (AFTVnews) says:

Will there be any door buster lightning deals for BF or CM?
    It doesn't seem like it. Amazon hasn't announced any doorbuster deals as they did for the last two Prime Days. That said, it's a bit suspicious that all Fire TV Smart TVs are currently on sale EXCEPT the 55" 4-Series (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P3QB66R/?tag=aftvndeal-20) so maybe they're saving that for a surprise doorbuster deal. I'll keep an eye on it and post if I learn more.

Get AFTVnews articles in your inbox!

Get an email anytime a new article is published.
No Spam EVER and Cancel Anytime.