Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app is now officially available on Amazon Fire TVs

Comcast has finally released an official Xfinity Stream app for Amazon Fire TV devices. The app allows Xfinity TV subscribers access to live TV, on-demand videos, and their DVR programming. The Xfinity Stream app is currently listed in the Amazon Appstore as a beta app, but the name of the app may have just not been updated yet for today’s public release. The app is compatible with every Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition devices in the US, all the way back to the very first Fire TV from 2014.

1. Gene says:

Do you have to be on your own wifi from definition to use it? I know that used to be the case when I use the Roku version.

• Yup, need to be connected to your in-home WiFi.

I just tried it..

Tried with being connected to xfinitywifi and being connected to my In-Home WiFi but using IPVanish but to no avail. It just popped up, both times, telling me to:

“Please Conmect to Your In-Home WiFi”
      Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your in-home WiFi

Out of home:

• Kemar says:

Did it take a long time to provision the device?

• Mike says:

The two Fire TVs I have installed the app on get stuck at “provisioning this device”. The provisioning is never successful even after multiple attempts.

• Kemar says:

same with my. but i think it because I’m not using their internet. using a vpn

• Dennis says:

I also have two Fire Tvs (4K) and had the same problem, provisioning would not complete but it only affected one of them. The other one installed without issue. I tried several things such as making sure it had all the latest updates, uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Amazon, rebooting, etc. Nothing helped. Finally I did a factory reset on the one that wouldn’t provision and it then installed and provisioned without issue. Not sure what the difference was between my two Firestick 4K’s but they are both working with the Xfinity Stream app now.

• Andre Breaux says:

Here is the fix for the provision issue:

First delete the app and any “sidecar” apps
          You were using for Xfinity. Then go into ES File Explorer app. If you don’t have it you can download it. Click on local then internal storage and hold the Xfinity file until it was checked. Click on the delete ( trash can ) icon. Then reinstall the beta app. It should work now. Hope it helps.

• Chynna Holmes says:

This fixed my issue!!! Thank you so much!

• K Buccarelli says:

OMG, i have been dealing with this issue for a year! Spoke to Xfinity for hours on so many occasions and, no answer. Said probably an App problem. Finally, someone whose competent. Thank you so much

• Randy Wilson says:

Thank you. Super easy. No way I would have thought of that on my own.

• Mauri says:

thank you, was having problem. followed instructions now i’m all good :)

• TechyChris says:

Side loaded mod version works perfect OUT of home, been using it for years at my beach house. What’s the point of using the “official” app if you have to be in your own home already? Some will argue that you can drop the monthly X1 box rental fee, not so fast… because not All the channels and features are available on the app. When you are already paying that much to Comcast anyway, might as well be all in!

2. FINALLY!!! Since they blocked being able to use the side loaded android TV version we’ve had to use both our old Roku TVs as our boxes in the bedrooms. I will say though, that the Roku version does seem more updated and gives you the ability to delete shows from your DVR, whereas the FireTV version doesn’t seem to allow this, unless it allows after you’ve watched the show… …

Either way, I’m happy that Xfinity has finally listened to their customers and added their app to FireTV!!!

3. Ian King says:

Two question:
    1. Can anyone confirm that this app will work if one has an Xfinity TV subscription, BUT using an Internet access service that is NOT an Xfinity Internet access service?

2. Is there a way to do a 30 sec skip on OnDemand video with this app?

4. Red says:

Comcast will charge $9.95/mo. at some point in the future according to some reports.

“The service, which is still considered to be in beta, is free, but it is expected to be priced slightly cheaper than the cost of an additional set-top box ($9.95) in the future.”

• TechyChris says:

$9.95 a month for an app, on a service some already pay hundreds per month for?…
      BLOODSUCKERS!!!
      At some point the government must step in and declare Comcast a monopoly to be broken up or regulated. They are out of control and many communities have no other option but to accept Comcast as there provider with no competition. Satellite can’t be considered as they generally cannot provide the same level of service without using third party vendors.

• Anthony Rossetti says:

don’t forget that they will be imposing data caps nationwide , to all states they operate in come Jan 1st
        allegedly they will not be charging for overages until April though

• Yea I was fearing this day. We typically use anywhere between 2400GB – 2900GB per month. Thankfully I remembered about xFi Complete, which includes unlimited data, and since I already rent a modem it doesn’t cost anything extra (normally $14 per month). They just simply removed my old rental agreement and just added the xFi Complete thing. Now in 6 months it’ll go up to $25 per month but still only having to pay an extra $10 a month for unlimited data ain’t that!

• Trevb says:

No one said it was 9.95 for the app, its 9.95 for a box. The comparison is that the app is the same but will be cheaper (if not free). Chill with your hyperbole whining and crying. Do you not understand supply and demand? Its not a monopoly when Satellite is a option, but you don’t wanna pay more and thats your choice.

• TechyChris says:

The Streamable article does state there will be a charge once the app is out of beta but admittedly it’s a poorly written article as it does not reference sources nor does it state if the app cost would be per tv or entire household. I must be older than you because I remember the “Ma Bell” antitrust breakup in the 80’s. Comcast IS the very definition of a controlling monopoly. Satellite cannot counted as only a small fraction of the population uses it. I cannot recall the last time a Satellite Company strong armed an entire town into levying additional lifetime utility fees on it’s property owners (like my town!) oh yes, now I remember…it NEVER happened with satellite as they have zero leverage compared to Comcast.

5. Pdogg says:

Cannot use to see past purchases after cancelling xfinity. On Roku you don’t have to still have Xfinity and can still use to watch old purchases.

6. Chad says:

Any ideas how to get passed the “provisioning this device…” screen? Two different Amazon 4K firesticks, on Xfinity honemwifi— same result.

• Mike says:

After a factory reset, one of my Fire TVs finally provisioned as Dennis mentioned earlier in the comments.

• Anthony Rossetti says:

just use the unofficial apk

• Randy Wilson says:

Here is a previous post with the answer

Andre Breaux says:
      December 21, 2020 at 5:31 pm
      Here is the fix for the provision issue:
      First delete the app and any “sidecar” apps

7. Mike M says:

Browsing Purchases doesn’t work well.

You can navigate to a movie, select it to see the details, but if you back out, you can no longer navigate through the list of movies.

8. Alfredo says:

Hello,by any chance is Spectrum Tv app comming to amazon Fire Tv any time soon? Thanks

9. Mike DeBoy says:

Installed the new xfinity stream beta app on my fire stick and I am in the Midwest but all the channels do not match the guide. The news channel were out of Philadelphia. Totally useless.

10. Adriel Nunez says:

It worked. Thanks!

11. Nathan AuBuchon says:

Can anyone figure out how to bring up the mini guide or last channels while watching tv like you can on the Roku?
    Thanks

12. Midiah B Tucker says:

Does anyone know… Do I have to have the xfinity box to record onto my Fire TV through the xfinity streaming app?