CNBC app arrives on the Amazon Fire TV with a Live Stream

A CNBC app has just been released for all Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition television models. If you activate the app with a television service provider, you’ll have access to on-demand full-length episodes as well as a live stream of what is currently airing on the news network. Those of you without an account to unlock the main content will still have access to clips and breaking news video updates.

1. ck says:

i believe CNBC is free on pluto tv

2. PS says:

Awesome!!!! This is big for my house. It’s the one thing my Apple TV did that my FireTv was lacking.

3. CramerJr says:

It’s about time!!!!

4. Tired-of-it says:

I believe if you don’t have cable you can’t get cnbc live. It tells you to find your provider from an immense list, and I currently have only antennae tv in addition to the firestick.

5. Tied says:

Not good. Sometimes it comes on then shut off.

6. Roberto Conta says:

You cannot stream CNBC live with Amazon fire unless you have a cable subscription. That negates the value as you have to have overpriced cable subscription.

7. Farmer Don says:

I like CNBC and would gladly pay 5 or 6 dollars a month for it, but 5 or 6 times that on SLING or YOUTUBE TV or …. just not worth it. If their advertising isn’t enough, Sling ’em to Pluto or ..

8. Richard Harrison says:

I don’t understand why Amazon Fire TV would offer CNBC if it did not provide full access to live streaming. What is the point? If one needs to buy a cable service subscription service to work with Fire TV, why not simply sign up for the cable service directly. Is this move a marketing gimmick or what? Surely Amazon has the muscle to negotiate a better deal with CNBC than offering their app alone. For me, the app is useless.

• Red says:

A use scenario is for a household with cable but a seldom used tv (guest room, exercise area etc) that you don’t want to pay fee for set top box. Use firetv/stick and credentials to watch live cable channels. It would be nice if cable co. would offer apps but none do for firetv AFAIK. Stremium (ex. Fitzytv) sort of works but is shaky and a bit limited.

Traveling with a ftv stick or a household member at school etc. may be another use scenario.