Amazon has announced that Prime Day will be October 13th and 14th this year. The big sales event, which typically occurs in July and runs an entire week, will run across those two days and feature “over one million deals” for Prime members, according to Amazon. In an effort to support small business, customers who spend $10 between now and October 12th with any of their curated list of small businesses will receive a $10 credit to spend during Prime Day. Amazon has also kicked off a few sales already and announced a few upcoming early deals.
Amazon has put the Fire TV Recast on sale for $129.99 as an early bird Prime Day deal, which matches the lowest price that it has ever been. That’s for the 500GB model with 2-tuners. The 1TB 4-tuner Fire TV Recast is $179.99, which also matches its lowest price ever. Another deal already available is a 3rd-gen Echo Dot 2-Pack for $39.99 when using promocode DOTPRIME2PK at checkout. That’s $4 less than the lowest price a pair of Echo Dots has ever been. Lastly, the Toshiba 43in Fire TV Edition 1080p TV is $179.99, which is $20 less than it has ever been.
Starting on October 6th, Amazon says the following deals will start:
- Toshiba 32in Fire TV Edition 720p TV will be $119.99, which is $20 lower than it has ever been.
- Insignia 43in Fire TV Edition 4K TV will be $199.99, which is also $20 less than it has ever been.
- Echo Show 5 will be $49.99, matching its lowest price ever.
- Echo Auto will be $19.99 with 6-months of Amazon Music Unlimited, which will be the lowest it has ever been.
- Blink Mini indoor cameras will be $24.99, which will be $5 less than it has ever been.
- Echo Show 5 + Blink Mini Bundle will be $54.99, which will be $10 lower than they have ever been together.
Something to keep in mind is that Amazon pretty much never lowers an early bird deal even more when Prime Day actually arrives. So the prices above will very likely be the lowest those items will be during Prime Day. As always, I’ll be here all day during the Prime Day event posting all the best deals on Amazon devices, home theater electronics, and smart home devices. Prime Day starts at 12am PT / 3am ET on Tuesday, October 13th in the US, UK UAE, Spain, Singapore, Netherlands, Mexico, Luxembourg, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, Turkey, and Brazil.
Any word on Amazon smart plugs?
I got a pair of them for a $1 each several months back during a one-day sale which was ridiculous!
I sure could use a couple more.
No, Amazon didn’t mention the plugs in this initial announcement. A few days before Prime Day they usually send out a list of more deals, so we’ll see if it’s included there.
Any word on Ring security cams?