Amazon has just put the Fire TV on sale for $69! That’s the absolute cheapest price we’ve ever seen for the Fire TV. Even cheaper than the $74 Black Friday deal. The sale is today only, so it’s expected to end at midnight PT tonight, but may end earlier if enough are sold.
Also note that Amazon is still offering $40 off the Fire TV if you buy Prime Membership with it. There’s a trick where, if you’re already a Prime member, you can buy Prime membership in order to save $40 and then redeem it for Amazon credit. The $40 saved is split among the Fire TV and the Prime membership fee (which you’ll fully get back) so you’ll end up saving about $17 off the Fire TV price. The exact savings varies slightly depending on your local sales tax.
How to save an additional $17 if you’re a Prime member:
- Add both a Fire TV and Prime Membership to you cart and begin checkout.
- When asked, check the box next to “Give Amazon Prime as a gift” and enter your own email address in the provided field.
- Ensure the $40 savings is applied and complete the order.
- When you get an email about the Prime membership, click the “Already a Prime member?” link
- On the page that loads, verify you’re signed in with the correct Amazon account and click “Continue”.
- On the next page, click “Get your Amazon.com Gift Card” to be credited back the amount you paid for the Prime membership. You don’t get $99 back because you actually didn’t pay $99 for the membership. You paid a little less because the $40 you saved during checkout is split among the Prime membership fee and the Fire TV cost.
- That’s it. You just saved about $17 extra on the Fire TV in exchange for having some money stored as Amazon credit.