WATCH ABC app arrives on the Amazon Fire TV

The WATCH ABC has made it’s way over to the Amazon Fire TV app library. With Disney Movies Anywhere and now ABC on the Fire TV, it looks like Amazon and Disney are finally playing nice. We first heard about WATCH ABC coming to the Fire TV over a year ago. The app lets you stream some ad-supported shows for free, but watching live or watching most recently aired full episodes will require you to activate the app with a traditional cable subscription provider. Oddly though, the app is not currently available for the Fire TV Stick.

1. Baocn says:

Not available on my Gen 1 Fire TV either. Might require OS 5 if it’s using Leanback.

2. Gonkulator says:

I can’t download it to my 2nd gen Fire Tv or my Fire Tv Stick only the First gen Fire Tv

3. BillH says:

Awesome! Amazon is kicking @$# with all these new big name apps like FXNOW and WATCHABC app.

4. Travis says:

I couldn’t get it on my Gen 1 Fire TV either about two hours ago, but it works now. Would love to see the CBS app on Fire TV as well. Right now, I Miracast it from my phone, but it isn’t ideal.

• BillH says:

I am actually a cord cutter. Even though I sideloaded some network apps (FOX failed to work), I would love to see Amazon Fire TV carry CBS, NBC, FOX and CW too. I doubt it will ever happen but getting ABC app is a good step. I have hulu and there are still a few good shows that they don’t get.

Even Roku doesn’t have ABC app so Amazon is stepping up their game.

5. Wakey says:

Is there a way to side load this onto a device. My account is linked to the UK and as I share my prime benefits with someone else if I use the old way of getting apps from a different region (switching device country) it losses this share and won’t let it to be setup again for like 180 days. I know I need a cable login which isn’t a problem as I spend 4-6 months a year in the US and when I’m there I subscribe to cable

Would creating a new .com account and logging out of the current account and into the new one work or would I lose everything already on the box?

6. Scott says:

I logged in with my comcast and could not find live streaming anywhere. Then I read in the FAQs that live streaming is only available in select cities. Lame.

7. BillH says:

It won’t let me activate with Optimum cable either but if you read the small print, the cable activation with live TV is only available in a few cities. We all could still not activate and still just watch shows…. You just won’t get the very latest show played that day/night and you won’t get LIVE TV. I don’t need live tv. I don’t think it is a big deal. I can wait an extra day to watch a show. The pro of quick access, using my remote to navigate and also improved picture quality compensates for the minor negative. It is better to use the official FireTV app over sideloading the “tablet/phone” version with the keyboard use.

8. shosho says:

Am I the only one that can find this app ? I have the new firetv2..

9. Corey says:

Any inclination of when or if WatchABC will become available for Fire TV Stick?

10. Janis says:

I have two a Amazon Fire sticks with the Watch ABC app installed from the store. It says it is free but when to try to use if I get an error message saying it is not compatible.

Why did Amazon include it when you cant use it?

11. Maow says:

I have Fire tV stick Gen 1 and I don’t see Watch ABC available. It is Nov 10 th already. Is it ever going to be available? I don’t want to sideload stuff.

12. Johnson says:

Can’t get it for my FTV2. WatchABC only shows up as compatible for first-gen Fire TVs.

13. Aaron says:

Does anybody have this APK? would love to side load it on my Fire TV 2

14. PCM says:

Not available on the NEWEST version of Fire TV…..Come on ABC….

15. Tasha says:

I don’t see the Watch ABC app for my Fire TV Stick.
    Would like to have this app.
    No reply from ABC support on this.

16. Gayle McClure says: