TP-Link Smart Plug Mini on sale for $20.99 with promo code

The TP-Link Smart Plug Mini is currently on sale for $20.99 when you apply the promo code TPLINK at checkout. This price is just $1 more than the lowest price this plug has ever been, which occurred for just a few hours on Cyber Monday. The regular price of the plug is $27.99 and the promo code knocks off 25%, which makes this a great deal for one of the most popular Alexa compatible plugs. The “mini” nature of this plug allows you to plug it into a standard outlet without blocking the adjacent outlet, or you can stack two of these plugs in the same outlet. The 25% discount will be applied to as many plugs as you want to purchase. There are many cheaper no-name Alexa compatible plugs available of questionable quality, but it seems like TP-Link has hit a sweet spot with both affordability and quality, which is why their products dominate Amazon’s list of best-selling plugs.

Update

It appears as though this deal is targeted towards specific people because the promo code is not working for everyone. For me there is a banner at the top with the promo details and the $7 discount is applied at checkout. You may need to have an Echo device registered to your Amazon account for the promo code to work.

1. Phycodes says:

Also, if you participate in Ohm Connect they tend to give you one or two free ones every-so-often. The first time they offered me a BOGO on these and last week a free one.

2. Dennis Rodzik says:

Promo code not working!

• Ray says:

Yeah, I’m with Dennis. Inputting the promo code gets me the following error message: “The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.” Bummer. :(

• AFTVnews says:

Sorry. It seems like this deal is targeted to certain accounts. I’ve updated the post and included a screenshot of what I see. The promo code is still working for me.

• Ray says:

Very odd (and a bit annoying) that it would only pertain to certain customers and not others.

> You may need to have an Echo device registered to your Amazon account for the promo code to work.<

I've got three Echo devices registered to my Amazon account, so there must be some other reason some of us are left out in the cold. :/

3. Michael says:

I have this plug, and every single time my internet goes out, or I reset it due to VoiP issues, I have to unplug and plug it back in, or Alexa says it is not responding. Ugh, and it is behind an item of furniture. Anyone know of a fix? It is not a smartplug for me, dumber than my old plugs

• Phycodes says:

Did you do a firmware update? If my wireless goes out or I shut the breaker all of mine reconnect on their own.

4. Junior says:

Promo code does not work as Dennis had mentioned.