Toshiba Fire TV Edition television software update lets you power on to your last input

The Toshiba Fire TV Edition televisions are receiving a new 6.2.4.2 (build 738566532) software update that adds a highly requested new option to the settings menu. With this update, you can now configure the TV to remain on the input that was last used when it is powered on. By default, the TV will always display the Fire TV home screen when it is powered on, regardless of the state that it was in when it was powered off. To change this behavior, you can now go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Power On and change the setting to Last Input to prevent the TV from loading the home screen every time. It is unknown if the older Element Fire TV Edition televisions will also be receiving this option in a future update.

1. Charlie says:

In my experience, this feature fails to work after the update.

2. John says:

I discovered this feature on my Toshiba Fire TV purchased on Prime Day and was installed two weeks ago. Thank goodness, without which my wife would still be complaining…

3. Auburn John says:

My older Element Fire TV Edition has not received updated software for this feature. It’s currently running 5.2.6.3 (606753920); no update since 06/14/18.

4. Robert says:

Still no way to disable 15 minute power saver. Annoying as hell. Pause a movie come back 15 minutes later and it’s gone. Have to go find it again.

5. Diane Wicklund says:

We purchased a Toshiba Fire TV. I have to use my Toshiba Fire remote to access HDM12 everytime I turn on my tv. After clicking HDM12, I can use my DishTv remote for everything else. How can I change this so that I won’t need to click on HDM12 with the Toshiba remote? So frustrating. I tried the above process, but there is no “last input” to select!

6. Swilley says:

This was working until a few days ago. No longer. Now when I turn it on the home page comes up with the last input displayed in the right corner. Pain in the butt. Anyone else now having a problem with this?