Syfy Now app coming soon to the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

syfy-channel-coming-soon

NBCUniversal is continuing their recent rollout of Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick apps for their various TV networks. They started with an NBC app and then released a USA Now app. Yesterday they teased the upcoming arrival of Bravo Now with a ‘coming soon’ app, and now they’ve done the same with Syfy Now through its own ‘coming soon’ app.

All of these apps are expected to follow the same structure, which requires a cable subscription to activate the apps before watching any content. Other NBCUniversal properties that have not yet been announced for the Fire TV platform include Oxygen, E!, Sprout, and Telemundo.

1. Sadish says:

This is exactly what amazon needs to do. Get more apps/content.

They need to do this for the Discovery Networks (Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, Science, Velocity, etc.).

Add AMC, Cartoon Network, etc., and Fire TV will be tough to beat.

2. Leslie j George says:

Of I had cable or satellite I would not need fire TV. Apps like this are useless

• Mike says:

If you get a PlayStation Vue subscription you can use it to activate the app. No cable or satellite needed. That’s how I do it.

• Al says:

I’m a flight attendant. Works good for me when hotels have limited channel selection.

• Jessie says:

I have cable but don’t want to pay for a cable box for every TV in the house. Apps like these allow me to access channels on the Stick that I pay for in my cable package without renting multiple boxes at $10-15 per month per box.

3. Gurudonald says:

Try loading kodi the beast build to your build to your box or smart device. You can get much more cablelike tv.