Slingplayer App arrives on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

slingplayer-app-header
Sling Media has just released their Slingplayer app for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. The app lets you to watch and control your home TV and DVR from anywhere using one of the companies 3 compatible Slingbox devices. It can be used to extend your cable experience to another TV in the house, or turn the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick into an even better travel companion by allowing you to take your living room experience with you when you’re away from home.

1. Bruce says:

I wonder if I can use this to watch my DISH Hopper with Sling adapter.

2. Charlie says:

Also worth noting, Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is now available for the Fire TV.

Only $5.99

3. Frank says:

It’s now FREE too!

4. Nick says:

Best Sling experience by far. The SlingPlayer app for AFTV is infinitely better than using the Android app with Chromecast support.

The issues with Sling and Chromecast gave been well documented… Constant buffering and connection drops, even when streaming at standard quality. This native Sling app for Fire TV just works.

Plus the app is free (not sure for how long though). Sling gouges you for 15 bucks EACH for their Android phone and tablet apps from the Play Store.

5. JCoop says:

I’m so excited – i can now get rid of the Roku in my bedroom. It’s only remaining puropse was to Sling TV from the cable box in the other room, AFTV did everthing else and now it does that too :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention…

6. Victor says:

Sling player on Fire TV does not take my Slingbox account info, any ideas?

• Ruth Peacock says:

Did you ever resolve this? Ours is not working either. Could not find the app to reinstall after the Firestick issue last week.