This guide shows you how to sideload APK files like Kodi onto a 1st-gen Fire TV, 2nd-gen Fire TV, or Fire TV Stick using adbFire on a Windows PC.
- If you haven’t done so yet, enable ADB Debugging on your Fire TV. If you don’t know how to do that, follow this guide.
- Download and install the Windows version of adbFire.
- Click the “New” button near the top to setup your Fire TV connection.
- Enter anything you want in the “Description” field, and enter your Fire TV’s IP address in the “Address” field. Then click “Save”. If you don’t know your Fire TV’s IP address, then follow this guide.
- Click the “Install APK” button and select the APK you want to sideload.
- Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to install the selected APK.
- Wait for the APK to install. This could take several minutes depending on the size of the APK file.
- Click “OK” once the APK finishes installing.
- You can launch the sideloaded app by navigating to
Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- When you’re done sideloading APKs, click the “Disconnect” button.
Note: If you run into issues, click the “View Log” button to see possible error messages. There is also a standard ADB command-line accessible through the “ADB Shell” button.