Select Prime Day Deals are now live through Alexa devices [Expired]

Some of Amazon’s Prime Day deals are now live as Alexa-exclusive deals. Most of these deals will go live on the regular Amazon website at 6pm PT / 8pm ET, but you can buy some of them now through an Alexa-enabled device. You’ll also receive a $10 credit for your first $20 Alexa purchase today.

Follow AFTVnews on Twitter / Facebook and subscribe via email to be the first to learn when new articles go live. Follow me, Elias Saba, on Twitter and Instagram to see what I'm working on before it's posted here.

1. Tyler says:

Where is the updated alexa app on the fire tv and tablets? I still have the old version!

2. Dave says:

$39 All-New Fire HD 8 tablet (after $10 credit). Not bad!

3. Bob says:

These deals do not appear to work if ordered via Alexa on a Fire TV. I read elsewhere that a “real” speaker device, like an Amazon Echo, is needed. Is this correct?

• Dave says:

Works fine for me. I ordered the Fire HD 8 through my Fire TV and got the deal price.

• Bob says:

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am a Prime subscriber but I have never ordered anything from Amazon using the Alexa function on my Fire TV 2. Using the voice function on the remote, I say “Shopping”, then “yes” and then “Arlo security cameras”. It finds the item but does not show the special pricing (shows $264.90 instead of special Alexa pricing of $244.99).

• Dave says:

You are not doing it correctly. Just say the phrase in the blue box above the item.

• Bob says:

I discovered my error. The price which Alexa showed me was the total price, including tax. I was expecting the price to be the before-tax price, just as it is when viewing an item before entering it into the cart. Sorry for the confusion, but I am all set. The $264.90 includes tax on the $244.99 item.