Pre-Rooted Fire TV Custom ROM Released

A pre-rooted version of the latest Fire TV software update, version, has just been released by rbox. This update introduces several Fire TV bug fixes, including a fix to the blank screen issue that some users have been experiencing. Grab the update file from the ROM page and install it like you would any other ROM on a rooted Fire TV.

If you’re new to Fire TV rooting, check out my starters guide to learn how to root your Fire TV and how to install the latest pre-rooted ROM. As always, this pre-rooted ROM will not help you root a Fire TV, since your Fire TV must already be rooted to install it. The purpose of this pre-rooted ROM is to update rooted Fire TVs to the latest software version without losing root.

1. Dave69 says:

Installed with no problems. Had to reinstall busybox and xposed as usual after the update.

2. countersteer says:

No issues, as always. rbox is the man! And so are you, Elias! Thanks!

3. JediSooner says:

Not sure why, but I’m still getting blank screen with Last version that works with my AVR is, which I just rolled back to and working again without issue (same HDMI cable, so that’s ruled out).

4. Adam says:

Anyone using Sling TV with this one? It seems that Sling would not work for me on this one, and with the previous version it was asking to install the latest version of Sling tv app.

5. Kevin says:

With sling I had to delete and reinstall

6. arun says:

I had rooted, cwm, BM, running.

I downloaded and copied, and did install via cwm (i didnot install Rbox’s Boot Menu because i already had it)

Now the Startup hangs forever. I did Alt+i+PrSc and went to CWM, factory reset, clear cache mutiple times. It still hangs in boot forever. Any help would be appreciated?

7. Jeremy says:

Currently on rooted, I’ve installed Bootmenu and am running most current CWM.
    If I install ANY newer ROM from the CWM menu and reboot, it boots back into as if nothing has happened and wipes the bootloader. CWM is still accessible. Any suggestions?