Post your Questions & Topics for Tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast

I’ll be live streaming another episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 1:30pm PT as I do every Friday. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. I covered a lot of 2nd-gen Fire TV info in the previous episode, but if I missed anything or there’s still something you’re curious about, now’s your chance to ask about it. Anything goes, whether it’s about the new Fire TV or not. Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Conrad says:

What 4K content is going to be available to watch on the new Fire TV?

2. Cut Cord2013 says:

For whar type of viewer is the Amazon Fire a better choice than Roku w Amazon Prime?

3. Zach says:

What is the likelihood of the Fire TV being able to support VPN services in the future?

4. DerBert says:

Do you think that in the future Subtitle support will be at to Fire TV Stick? or will it be only possible to activate Subtitles on the Fire TV Box?
    Or do you know why there is no Subtitle support for the Stick?

5. wastate2014 says:

Do you see Amazon game studios taking on more support for Amazon TV in the future?

6. Stank says:

Hey, Elias. I love your tutorials/reviews on Fire TV devices. However, I don’t see any information on game emulation. Do you have any advice or insight on the best ones to use? It’s a really confusing setup for an AFTV noob like myself.

Also, Do you use Helix or Isengard on your devices? Does it matter?

Keep up the great work!

7. tecc says:

Why no NTFS for USB devices? Is it really the licensing cost?

8. Lodewijk (Lewis in english) says:

Hello Again Elias,

How is it going? The questions today:

1. Apple is suppose to work on a cable competitor service (if it will ever happen). You think that is something amazon might be considering as well? Why/Why not?

2. I have seen settop boxes with tuners and DVR capability. It that something you thin in the future can be part of the fire TV? They could charge 5-10 dollar per month for the DVR like Tablo and Tivo.? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks mate! All the best.

9. Harry says:

Some user of Nvidia latest and greatest Shield TV are experiencing shutter effect when playing 4k contents from Netflix. ( XDA forum ).
    Is there any guarantee from Fire TV developers that new Fire TV will not suffer shutter effect when playing 4k contents from Netflix ?
    Have they tested on that front?

10. Hawkstead says:

Thanks again for the help with the Music section a few weeks ago. Clearing the data forced my Fire TV stick to resync the content getting back personal playlists & prime albums.

This time I have a different question. Have you heard anymore about a Store section? Or even an app to the built-in browser?

I happened to find a browser in this manner: Back on July 17th, you posted an App Deal for “Monster Puzzle”. I downloaded it for my young son. While in the app, I accidentally clicked on a button for more games by the developer. Some default browser opened to more apps by the developer. I’ve since been able to simply, but painfully, browse the internet using my remote.

We all appreciate your time and effort with your site and podcasts.

11. James says:

How about 24p (frame rate switching) HD audio, 60fps youtube and or twitch.

12. Eddy says:

When will voice search be available across all popular apps? Like Roku Voice Search.

Wasn’t Amazon Fire TV Voice Search suppose to include the likes of Netflix?

13. Patrick says:

Fire TV 2nd gen release moved to October 5th, from the original release date of Sept. 30th?

14. kase says:

what are the chances of nfts support?

15. mjbxx says:

Are you having issues navigating within the new ES File Explorer? I sure am and it is a total disaster. I reverted back to v3.2.5.5 for the sake of sanity.

16. SMT says:

What are the options for sending Alexa (in the Echo) voice commands?

I see they sell an Echo VoiceRemote.

Can you use the AFTV remote?
    Can you use the Android or Fire App?
    I don’t see any way to “Talk” to it through IOS or the website.

I would far rather than say “Alexa turn off Living Room Lights” than “Okay Google activate Living Room Off on wink… No WINK not wii… ::sigh:: Okay Google, activate Living Room Off on WINK. ::to wife:: stop laughing at me!”

17. Our program can run on all Android and iOS gadgets with ease so
    you possibly can get pleasure from it on every supported device. So,
    Madden NFL Cellular Hack has some awesome features like ADD Unlimited Cash, ADD Unlimited Coins, Max Stamina and Double XP so,
    you’ll be able to enhance your sources with one tool, our tool to have an important sport play.