Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 76

aftvnewscast-questions-topics
I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 11am PT / 2pm ET. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Fredrik says:

Hello Elias,

I already have a ATV2 imported and most of it works here in Sweden but do you think Amazon’s upcoming plan on AWS in Sweden next year could be a sign, like India, that in the Nordic countries will see fully functional Alexa Voice, Prime and Amazon services for us here in the near future? :)

P.S. Continue with your teasers at the end and always thanks for your great work :D

2. jimbo says:

Heard of anyone using FTMC 16 version of Kodi on a FireStick v1 (upgrading Python and SSL) to match the features Kodi v17 brings?

3. HeyRadar says:

Is the new UI on Fire TV Stick Gen1 faster or slower than the previous UI?

4. ToeRag says:

I use my Fire TV to connect to my PLEX server – which a a separate Library folder for some of my Lossless music that I have ripped in the FLAC format.

I play it with both my Apple TV PLEX client, my Windows 7 & 10 Clients as well as my iPhone Client — it plays fine. However I never get any audio from the Fire TV client app. Work perfectly for MP3 files and everything else – but not FLAC.

can you help? do I need a Fire TV app to transcode? I thought the PLEX server did that?

• Dave Delaney says:

Try “VLC”. Plays many audio formats.

• ToeRag says:

I already have VLC and it does work. That’s NOT my question – I want to know why the Fire TV / PLEX Client doesn’t work on the Fire TV , as it does on other platforms like iOS and Apple TV / Windows, etc…

and hopefully get it to work on the Fire TV.

• Wowzers says:

All the transcoding talk surrounding Plex makes me guess it is not the right tool for the job of dealing with lossless formats?

5. Chopstick says:

Your AFTV Downloader fills a need for many users. When can we expect to be able to save a bookmark or two?

6. How'dYouGetSoRich? says:

Now, as of today, that it’s available on the Fire TV Stick 2, do you know of any plans to bring “full” Alexa to the Fire TV 2nd gen box in the UK?

Great site, thanks. Keep up the good work!

7. OrthoPod says:

One of my AFTVs is an original version box that has yet to get the updated GUI – although all my other boxes and sticks have. Kodi 17 seems to be incompatible with the old GUI. Any word on a work around for this? Or maybe when the original fire tvs will revive the GUI update? Thanks!

8. Ben says:

Have you checked on the not in my house on 2nd generation devices? Send me the link to the Downloader app if you can. What’s with fire os 5.2.4.1? It’s not on the Amazon 2nd gen latest update version from Amazon’s website.

• OrthoPod says:

Thanks for help. I’m actually still running 5.2.1.2, last installed on Jan 19th. I figured out the problem with some googling. Seems like it’s not specific if to the device itself. Instead it was a not uncommon problem with a corrupt database (addons27.db). Once I deleted it, kodi rebuilt it on its “first run” screen and things are working smoothly now!

I’d still love to know when this box (first gen) will get upgraded to the new GUI. My second gen box got the update months ago! Thanks again for the help!

9. Billy says:

Do you have a current guide on how to enable the google play store without rooting?

Also when I sideload apps from the Amazon appstore on my phone to my firetv, they don’t work. Is there a way to get them to sideload?

Ps could you leave this in the final edit. I might not be able to watch live.

10. Kevin says:

Question: I have a Fire TV app that I’d like to track which IP address it talks to or better yet, what http string it request (if it uses http protocol). Is there a free app from Amazon store or Google store runnable on Fire OS 5 that you can recommend? Thanks

11. tom42 says:

Since HBO Go now root checks and none of the hide my root apps work for HBO GO. Is there a way to install Stock 5.2.4.0 or 5.2.4.1 on a rooted FireTV2 and keep TWRP?

I would like to be able to “reroot” later but I will like to use HBO GO today.

THX

12. damien says:

OK Elias,
    I hate pac-man.

I finally got good enough to beat 3 stages and my fire stick 2 keeps losing my data.

good bye pac-man.

stupid cheating old person game.

13. Lori Rowland says:

My fire TV 2nd gen will go black, I can hear clicking and can start video but can’t see anything. I unplug and it restarts, everything is fine. It only happens on occasion, any ideas what’s happening?

14. damien says:

RIP live podcast :(

as mentioned on youtube can you start a facebook page so we can stay in contact with friends we have met during the live podcast?

damien

15. Reggie says:

What happened to the app mynetlyzer? Telling friends bout it but when they search for it amazon says it’s not found

16. Carlos Moreno says:

Hello, any idea whats up with the constant fire tv stick back order. Amazon is now saying available in May. Thanks