Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 75

aftvnewscast-questions-topics
I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 11am PT / 2pm ET. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Will G says:

Vudu app coming to the Fire TV? FYI This indeed works at least on the Fire TV 2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71500760&postcount=290

I read it only plays back in SD on the Fire Sticks. I have yet to try it on my original Fire TV.

2. Wrecks says:

Why am I getting the same articles twice in the RSS feed and how do I go back to just getting one?

• Wrecks says:

An example is two articles in today’s feed.

App Deal: No Gravity game down from $3.00 to $1.49
      1 AFTVnews by AFTVnews

App Deal: No Gravity game down from $3.00 to $1.49
      1 Deal – AFTVnews by AFTVnews

The source name is “AFTVnews by AFTVnews” on one and “Deal – AFTVnews by AFTVnews” on the other.

3. HeyNow says:

Any plans on making a newer tutorial for getting Google services installed on Fire TV?

4. Javon Moore says:

I noticed on my second generation fire tv that I can say launch whatever app and it does it automatically. Is there an update that is gonna come with the first generation fire tv that it going to allow this? I only really notice this when trying to open Directv Now. Also is there an update ETA of an update to the UI of the first generation fire tv? Sorry if this been asked before.

5. Denis Dregoire says:

When I turn on my fire tv box I get the logo then a black screen. What’s going on,I have had this box for just over a month and have tried unplugging it to reboot it nothing. My other fire box seems to be working okay as is my fire stick,have others experienced this problem.

6. AFTVuser says:

A couple of newscasts ago, I inquired about the movement from Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) to Kodi 17.1 (Krypton) on Fire TV boxes, particularly with my concerns regarding the slight directory changes in Krypton and how those changes may affect existing data relocation/movement on USB or micro SD storage, to which you replied you would be testing such “upgrades” during the following week. My own experience with the move to Krypton on my Windows 10 box was definitely not a smooth one, and continues to present periodic challenges. Having not yet read or heard anything concerning your own experience with said “upgrades” on the Fire TV boxes, can you offer any updates with regard to your own experience with transitions from 16.1 to 17.1?

7. Xoplit says:

Hello I pre-ordered the new Fire Stick from Amazon.de, but plan to use it in Bulgaria, where HBOGO/Netflix/PrimeVideo/Spotify are already available through other platforms (Android/iOS) with corresponding content for my country. Would the Amazon AppStore work in Bulgaria so I can install those apps and use my existing accounts. Would the Fire Stick even function in a country where it is not officially launched and what are the limitations?

• Billy says:

Maybe can sideload the apps. Use apps2fire android app. Might need a vpn or proxy to make it look like your in the usa to get the functionality.

8. AFTVnews Fan says:

Is there a preferred print app for Android that allows Fire OS 5 to see and print to network printers, or is it more of a “whatever works” approach? Likely a rare use case, but curious what others were using.

9. Billy says:

Please I desperately need help with this. I have a firetv 2 with a 128gb pny microsd card. I don’t like having my firetv on all the time so I hooked a switch to the plug for me to br able to kill the power and shut it off. What seems to happen is randomly, could be weeks or a few months, my card then gets corrupted.
    My questions can you provide how to fix this corruption? I tried cmd items such as chkdsk, clean, fix and so on. I tried formatting in the disk mgmt, i tried 3rd party such as ccleaner,rufus and others. I am able to copy the data off, but not able to format, the files stay no matter what, like they are locked. My card reader is not in the lock position either. My only solution I think is to get another card, then start ejecting the card, then kill the power. Please help, this will be my 5th card. Thank you

Ps i did have like 30 sideloaded apps, but i don’t think any of those were running when i killed the power.

• Billy says:

My android phone will not format the card either, windows 10 can not format. I put the card in the firetv2 and it does not read. When i slightly pop it out, then i get the message to format into fat32, but then its popped out. Thanks!

10. Billy says:

On your site could you do some upgrades?
    1. Could you add a way to go back to previous pages instead of it just saying older posts. Like add numbers.
    2.Could you make a list of honestly the best apps.
    3. Make a page that has all the cable premium login apps. The firetv does a horrible job of showing the new apps. I have no clue how you figure it out, but thank you.

11. Billy says:

Is there a way to access my media files on my pogoplug and play on my firetv2?

12. Billy says:

What is the best browser for firetv2? Chrome,firefox,dolphin,opera or others?

Should i then be worried of malware or viruses?

13. Billy says:

Is there a way to mirror your phone such as the samsung j3, that doesn’t have miracast capability? I know you can setup an app on the phone and firetv, but that inly gets me pics,movies and music, I would like to some how mirror the device. Thank you

14. The Pathfinder says:

Timeline for 5.2.4.0 interface on 1st gen devices?

15. damien says:

Hi Elias

Is there a way to minimize the delay from the amazon game controller to the games?

16. damien says:

another question do you have any idea why alexa keeps forgetting our smart plugs

17. Al Roman says:

Do Apple TV or FIre TV allow voice search of programming within streaming tv apps like Sling TV, Directv Now, or PS Vue? If no, when do you anticipate support?

18. Jim says:

I’m lookinf for suppport for ‘Downloader.’ I’ve been trying to download Kodi to new Fire TV2 however, using just the remote, I’m unable to manipulate files the way I do on laptop. Also, the cursor will not allow me to pinpoint certain links, e.g. the ‘arm’ under Kodi.apk.
    Thanx for any help.

19. Jim says:

While using Downloader app to download KODI to my new Fire TV2, the Downloader program times out before the full program is finished downloading!
    HELP!