Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 74

aftvnewscast-questions-topics
I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 11am PT / 2pm ET. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Edmund Jimenez says:

Hi Elias. Great site and app. Here’s my question:

My wife is in the habit of putting the FireTV to sleep without exiting apps. I’ve asked her to exit the apps gracefully to avoid multiple streams, especially with SlingTV. Is it OK for her to just put the device to sleep? Will the SlingTV stream still be active if she does that?

2. Don Black says:

Why does teamviewer quick support no longer work on fire OS 5, it worked really well in Fire OS 3. It appears that there is a missing script from SU on this pre-rooted rom. Is there a fix for this missing file or script? I can remote control and connect with all iterations of version 11, but 12 does not let you connect via remote control. Here is my comment on XDA, https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1836780&page=42

3. Danny says:

Is there an app that will give me a local tvguide by zip code?

• Brian P Cook says:

There is an app you can download to your cell phone or tablet called AGK FIRE. THIS APP IS A SIDE LOADER THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SIDELOAD APPS FROM YOUR CELL PHONE TO YOUR FIRESTICK. I HAVEN’T FOUND A TV GUIDE OFFERED BY AMAZON THAT USES A ZIP CODE BUT THERE ARE PLENTY ON THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE FIND ONE ON YOUR CELL PHONE THEN SIDE-LOAD IT TO YOUR FIRESTICK. AGK FIRE IS $1.99

• Jon says:

Kpdi has a guide for its pvr.

4. Brian P Cook says:

Accidentally removed an app from the firestick cloud. Is there any way to put it back on to the cloud so I can redownload it?

5. tom42 says:

Anyone else having issues with HBOGO on a rooted gen 2 Fire TV?

Issue started this week after HBO updated (Mar 8, 2017) the app.
    It plays the 8 second HBO ad/ratings clip but it does not play the main video. I just get 3 blue dots at the bottom of screen rotating

HBOGO does work on 3 different Fire TV 1 units (rooted) and PCs

Here is what I’ve tried in order they were tried

Soft and hard reboot of the unit
    Cleared data & cache
    uninstalled and reinstalled HBOgo
    Factory Reset using TWRP
    Reflashed 5.2.4.0 Rom
    Tried “Hide My Root” (https://goo.gl/brVjro)

6. damien says:

Hi Elias,

can you please add a chat box to your website?

maybe fun since forums are on hold.

DJ

7. Nate says:

Hey Elias,

Has there been any progress from rbox or the gang over at XDA on finding potential rooting avenues for the Fire Stick 2?

8. hawkstead says:

Elias,
    Sorry for the late post.

I’ve got a weird situation going on with YouTube. I’m looking to see if you know how to get help from YouTube even though I am not a content creator. Their customer service page is lacking for regular peeps.

Situation is as such:
    On my pc using YouTube through Chrome fully logged in, everything is cool.
    On my android phone using YouTube app fully logged in, everything is cool.

UNTIL…. I USE MY FIRETV STICK.

I’ve got an unrooted 1st generation stick. When running the YouTube and completely logged in, I cannot see my own content (videos, playlists, subscriptions, watch later, etc).
    Then somehow absolutely related to the FireTV situation, I can no longer see my content on pc or phone for 7-14 days until something resets by itself.

I’d like to know your thoughts and I seek your help so I can see your smiling face on Saturday mornings watching the playback.

Tx & keep on keeping on!

9. Christian Fortin says:

i have aftv 1st gen, non routed, version 5.2.1.2 .

Does my firetv supose to have new skin/interface ?