Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 63

aftvnewscast-questions-topics
I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 11am PT / 2pm ET. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Jon says:

A while ago you mentioned there may be a new Nvidia Shield in the works, any new information on it and when it might be available?

Also what apps do you have on your FTV that you actually use a fair amount?

2. Stank says:

I just pulled the trigger on the 2015 Fire HD 8 refurb for $44.99 that you had listed earlier in the week. Now I’m seeing the 2016 HD 8 should be on the Black Friday sale for 15 bucks more w/ double the storage and 50% more RAM. What’s your opinion of these two tablets? Thanks and keep up the great work.

3. Wrecks says:

Google Play Services stopped working on Fire OS tablets a couple of days ago. People are saying that it is due to the new Fire tablet OS that was released. But actually, Google Play Services stopped working before that.

Is this a problem that comes and goes, or do you think it’s permanent?

4. Met says:

Is the new firetv sticks shipping with unrootable os now?

5. Maverick says:

A lot of us use a mobile cable app like xfinity or frontier on our fire devices, (USA North East region) to take full advantage of a cable subscription.

Most recently xfinity dropped support for their “Tv GO app” for a new “xfinity TV” app. Every version of the APK available always crashes.

Even tho it’s a pretty specific question. Have you herd anything about this issue?

Keep up the good work love the show!

6. Chris says:

I just purchased the 2016 Fire stick and like it so far but the CW app doesn’t connect even though I have strong wifi and Alexa seems to respond in about five to ten seconds. Is that normal?

7. Frank h says:

Did you hear about the Blu phones coming from China with spyware on them? Since you reviewed one figures your listeners would want to know.

8. Mar says:

What’s the estimated timline for a new AFTV3? Any rumors or news?

9. John Smith says:

Elias, thanks to you, I’ve been playing around with Alexa voice commands via my Fire TV box to play music from Amazon Prime and elsewhere.

But there’s one thing I can’t figure out: sometimes, if I don’t have a particular song or album in mind to specifically request, I’d like Alexa to first tell me what albums Prime Music has available for any particular artist, so I can decide. But, I can’t figure out how to get Alexa to do that, if it’s even possible.

As in, “Alexa, what Rolling Stones albums can I play through Prime Music?” When I make that kind of request, Alexa seems to just pick and start playing just one album by that artist, rather than giving me a list of available albums to choose from.

10. hawkstead says:

Elias,
    Awesome job as usual.
    I have a request to make a regarding your articles. Can you place a comment count next to the “Posted on” date? I sometimes return multiple times a day to see if any of us have posted more comments to particular articles. I’m assuming this would be easy for you and slightly helpful to others.

Thanks & keep up the great work.

11. Andrew says:

Any news on a AFTV 3 and if it would have HDR and or Dolby vision capabilities? Would love to watch some prime video in 4k hdr and dont want to buy a Roku premiere+ or Ultra.

12. Stu says:

Any news on when the new Nvidia Shield will be released?

13. Stu says:

Also, Do you know why Fire TV does not have volume control like other boxes i.e., Nvidea Shield