Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 56

I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast, at this link here, tomorrow at THE NEW TIME OF 11am PT. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Hi I have a rooted 1Gen fire tv and I change the background, My question is, If I update to the pre-rooted rom will I loose the background option?

2. Susan says:

Did you ever further look into the ‘not in my house’ app to see if it’s doing anything?

• Philip says:

I am also interested in more news about this. What I did notice on my fire tv after the last update was that the one DDNS application I was testing would no longer open.

3. Nate says:

Hey Elias,

I was curious if you were using a rooted AFTV device, and if so, what software version are you using for your daily driver and why?

4. Mike says:

Do you know why the “Prime” banner in the corner of video images has been removed?

• Philip says:

I also have this issue. Is this happening on all Fire Tv devices with latest firmware? I also find that on some series some of the episode pics are missing – just a black section. Anyone experiencing this?

5. Murdock says:

I use here in Germany an Amazon Echo from The US. The Echo and Echo Dot will be sold in November here in Germany with german voice and german skills. Is there a chance to update the Echo and use it after that with german voice like you could choose the language for the Fire TV ? When I use the German Echo, could I use the Skills from the US Echo any longer ? I have connectet an SmartThings Hub to the US Echo to control some Smarthome things like, Lghtyfi, Z-Wave Stuff, Sonos and a fhem Server over IFTTT over the Alexa Channel. I hope they are not gone on the german Skills of the Echo, or there will maybe a way to integrate them back to the Skills over the Amazon developer site.

General Information:
    Since the last update of my US Echo, it tells me the time in the right timezone. Even the google calendar uses the right timezone from germany now. my locatation ist still set to miami which is 6 hours behind us. so now I could even set up an alarm using the german time and I have added an german spotify acount too. that is a great step ahead for me over here.

Much success with your stream tomorrow.

6. Jaidin says:

I’m running fire os and for some reason my remote appears offline even though I’m connected. Is this a problem?

7. Mark says:

Is the first gen Fire TV in the UK going to get the update for Alexa support? And is their any more news about the next gen Fire TV devices?

8. Ralph Melendez says:

Hi Elias.

I’m most likely going to upgrade my Fire TV 2 to a Fire TV 3 (when it eventually comes out) and give the FTV 2 to my brother. My question is, is there an an easy way of transferring all my apps and configs from the FTV 2 to the FTV 3 or do I have to manually install all the apps again one by one? All my apps are installed on a 32GB Micro SD card. Is it as simple as popping that out from the FTV 2 and popping it into the FTV 3? Any advise?

9. Damien says:

Just a comment. I see amazon selling boxes loaded with kodi.
    Seems kinda double sided to remove it from the app store but to be selling boxes preloaded with the “banned” app.

10. Tony says:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who got the $10 amazon promotion from installing the game “Hay Day” a 1 1/2 months ago, may have to use it up soon before it expires. I still have not used $5, so I plan to use it up on some games/apps this week.

Have a great weekend Elias, and great aftvnews as usual!

11. Alex D. says:

Remember the $10 credit for the AppStore from the Hay Day? Apparently it expired already for me :( I thought it would last until the 30th but it’s gone now. was debating what to use it on. Oh well. Hopefully a new offer will come along soon.

• Damien says:

I tried mine yesterday and no go

• Tony says:

Oh thanks for trying. I just found my email stating I received $10 promotion that expires in 30 days, so it must mean 30 days from the time you receive the email. (so mine must have expired on Sept 5 or 6 since I got the email on Aug 6).
        That’s disappointing….oh well, atleast I used half of it.

….I guess we better use these promotions fast as soon as we get them.

• Tony says:

:(…I was also debating which games/apps to get, and took too long thinking I had till 9/30. But we only had 30days from the time we each received email about $10 amazon appstore credit.
          (I was planning to get a few cheap games eg. mechanic escape, bricking it, unpossible, inferno2,fractal combat x, or just a $5+ game eg. GTA San Andreas or Sev0, to add to my amazon game library.)
          Oh well I’ll keep learning….:)

12. Damien says:

Is there any updates on when aftv forums will open?

Unless i missed something

13. Murdock says:

Thanx for you Answer ! Yes my english is a little foozen since I am out of school ;-)

You where absolutly right with your answer !!! Today there was an update to the Echo wich is now on the software version 4008. With that cames a language selection Menu where you could switch Alexas voice to british englisch. If you switch you could hear the UK accent in her voice. I think the same will happen in november with Alexas german voice. After switching from the US to UK the skills are the same at the moment.

Enjoy yor day !