Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 54

I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast, at this link here, tomorrow at THE NEW TIME OF 11:00am PT. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Lori says:

I’ve heard that the CW will be releasing an app for the Fire TV, Any info or guesses as to when that might be?

Also, do you use a DVR for your OTA tv and if so which one?
    I am currently looking at Tivo,Tablo and Channel Master. TIA
    Love the show and site, keep up the great work!

2. Wrecks says:

When I go to settings, applications, manage installed applications, Netflix, show ESN, I get a pop up with a string of letters and numbers, what is it for?

3. Ewle Ebonlore says:

TWRP for sticks dead in the water?

4. josh says:

Does amazon have a typical timeline for releasing the fire tv? For example they file with the FCC and then ship the product X months later. I am anxiously waiting for the next gen devices.

5. Freemz says:

Is there a way to get Teamviewer working? To control a Fire TV from a computer?

I can mirror it but can’t control it.

6. Fredrik says:

Hi Elias,

Do you know a way to change my Fire TV location for Alexa?
    If I try to change “Settings > System > Location” I can only input a US zip code. And in the Alexa App there is only option to sett Us address. The same on Alexa webpage settings :/
    I know Amazon / Alexa is still not official available in Sweden. But if I ask Alexa for the weather and tell my location (Stockholm, Sweden) I get a perfectly answer from Alexa.
    I just want Alexa to have may Swedish location :=) Is there a way?

Big thanks for you awesome work as always =)
    Have a nice weekend, cheers from Sweden!

7. Joe says:

I just updated from OS3 to OS5 (RBox on my FireTV 1st Gen (unlocked bootloader) but Kodi does not appear in the “Recent” list. I also tried to re-enable Firestarter using the adb command pm enable de.belu.firestarter as found in the guide, but that did not work either. How can get Kodi to appear in “Recent” list and how can I re-enable Firestarter? Thanks!

8. Tony says:

Sometimes I think my firetv 2 box boots up slow getting caught on the Amazon logo screen for longer than a minute. I have recently found that clearing the cache on most of the appsand, going into settings>applications>collecting app data set to ON, sometimes fixes strange issues like this.

Are there any other tips you may know of to maintain fast boot-ups? (ie.Maybe lowering number of installed apps)

9. D says:

Is it still possible to mount an external HD as internal storage & data under OS5? Running 5.0.5 on FTV1, tried to debug the various scripts but couldn’t determine what needed tweaking…

Or maybe it isn’t necessary any more with foldermount, link2SD, moving Kodi data to external, etc. But it was nice having 128-256GB SSD storage to install any and everything, plus play store under OS3…

10. Jaidin says:

What is the double click detection code?

11. Jaidin says:

Hey Elias, is there a way to make llama work again I tried it on the home detection button and it doesn’t work. Is there an alternative of llama that works on fire os

12. Michael says:

Amazon is considering to ban Kodi so it doesn’t function anymore. Also they are starting to ban Kodi ADDONS from their Fire TV. Do you know why this is happening I don’t have any issues on SPMC will take over