Post your Questions & Topics for Tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast

I’ll be live streaming another episode of the AFTVnewscast tomorrow at 1:30pm PT. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Ulises Rodriguez says:

Hi Elias,

First of all, I want to thanks your generous help, to all of us who have the FireTV…

I think that we all, really appreciate your great help and support!

I have received the latest and updates on my FireTV BOX, and FireTV Sticks… However, apart from all the “Stagefright” corrections, I have not found nothing NEW…

So would like to know if you has found some improvements or anything New?

I also have noticed that on the Amazon FireTV Device Software Updates Web Site:

On the “New and Enhanced Features”, Amazon always has said:

Minor bug fixes and performance improvements…

Problem is that every time that a New Firmware for FireTV is released, I always find the same message…

Don’t you think that we deserve a more detailed information each time that Amazon releases a new FireTV Firmware update?

Thanks again for always help with all our requests!!

2. Elias,
    1st question:
    Do you think Amazon will announce the new AFTV prior to
    the Apple event?

2nd question:
    What online sites do you frequently visit and why?

Thank-you always!

3. Jerry says:

What are your thoughts on the new Apple TV rumors? Will you be getting one? I’d love to see some Fire TV vs Apple TV articles.

4. Lodewijk (Lewis in english) says:

Dear Elias,

Love your work! Keep it up. Big kuddo’s from Belgium!!! Will be in front of my TV 22:30 live local time.

1. kodi vs. Plex. What are the main differences? If Kodi ever gets totally banned by Amazon is Plex a suitable replacement? Do you think they will ever ban Kodi completely?

2. Fire TV sticks are now 35 Dollar/Euro. Very interesting for the bedroom/guest room. Should I wait for the update of the hardware (that is suppose to come soon)? Why/Why not?

Thank you!

5. Ben Daniels says:

I saw you mention that you’re working on an AFTVnews forum this week. How’s that going?

6. wastate2014 says:

With the upcoming streaming consoles being released the leaked Specs from July will still leave Fire TV behind many of its competitors from a power standpoint. Mediatek though used in many low end devices still has not had a strong presence in the gaming market. Do you think Fire TV would still be better off using a proven namebrand SOC? (Intel,NVidia,Qualcomm) now Apple. To me it will be a risk for people who look at specs.

7. djairo says:

Thank you for this great website. I have a problem that I have experienced on several ftvs that I have rooted. I am not able to delete the rom file after update. I can see the file when I’m in recovery but there is no option to delete it from there. when I try to search for the rom using astro or es explorer I cannot find it. So I’m left with boxes with half the storage because I have several roms stuck inside them

I appreciate your comments regarding this issue

• Some One says:

If you have ssh installed you can browse the file system through an SSH app on your PC. Or use totalcommander from the Amazon App Store.

• djairo says:

totalcommander will not see these files as well. I can only see them in recovery and I can see the space that they are taking. Also, factory reset did not delete them as well. Any other suggestions

• Some One says:

Try SSHing the same exact file to the same exact directory overwriting if it asks. Then try to remove it once that transfer completes.
          You could also try esexplorer from the Google App Store.

I personally use the program CyberDuck to move,edit, & delete files via SSH from my FireTV.

8. mjbxx says:

Will Fire OS 5 make it to rooted Fire TV’s? I vaguely remember mention that @rbox was looking into it. I’m hoping it can be done if at all possible.

9. Some One says:

A guide to remove bloatware/unnecessary file or apks from the rom before flashing it to the FireTV. Obviously this is for root users only but I’ve see a handful of excellent guides for general android decices but none about the FireTV directly.

Here’s one example…

10. Hawkstead says:

I appreciate the time that you dedicate to your site.
    I don’t know if the issue is amazon or my fire TV stick but here’s the issue…
    In the music category, I can see a few songs of my personal playlists, or no songs. I also have not been able to play any prime albums. Is there a trick to playing personal playlists & prime albums?
    I have no issues playing prime playlists at all, just personal ones. I’ve made new ones as tests to no avail.
    Also when can we see prime stations?

Thanks & keep up the good work!

• Some One says:

Can you play your personal playlists through your PC on without issues?

• Hawkstead says:

Yup, not a problem playing personal playlists or prime albums on pc or phone, just the fire TV stick.
        It’s weird. I made a playlist for my kids. They listen in the car through Bluetooth, they listen on the laptop, they listen on the kindle fire but the fire TV stick won’t play or only plays a few songs.
        I have a xmas playlist of over 100 songs. Plays fine everywhere but the stick only shows & plays only 2 Elvis Xmas songs. Lol

• Hawkstead says:

Update on my issue:
          Elias hit it right on the nose. I cleared the cache & cleared the data. Then it had to sync with Amazon again. After about 30 mins, due to the size of my personal playlists & prime albums, boom! Music lives again.
          I consider myself a geek, but sometimes we all forget the basics.
          Thanks to Elias again.