Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 49

I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast, at this link here, tomorrow at 1:30pm PT, as I do every Friday. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Robert Simandl says:

Anyone else notice several channels on Playstation Vue streaming out of sync lately? Sound plays about a half second before the video. I watch a lot of news, and it’s been driving me crazy on Fox News Channel. CNN seems unaffected, and some channels are worse than others. Rebooting the Fire TV seems to help temporarily, but not completely solve the problem. I’ve reported this on the Amazon Fire Facebook page and gotten no answer. Playstation Vue doesn’t have its own Facebook page, so not really sure where to turn? Thanks.

• AB says:

Reddit is one of the greatest sources for information on countless subjects. Try looking for the issue here, if not found, post a question.

• Robert Simandl says:

Thanks for that link. I see several other people are noticing a sync issue since the last software update. Nobody has a solution other than wait for the next software update and hope that won’t break something else.

2. Tony says:

Recently on my rooted FTV2 box, the apps section near the bottom of the Amazon front page screen has stopped opening or working. Do you think one of my sideloaded apps has caused this behavior?

I’m on prerooted 5.0.5, And suspecting one of following apps may have caused this:
    firestarter 3.2.2, clean master,es task manager,and advanced task manager.
    Any idea if my task manager may have stopped the system app for apps menu from loading up?

(I’ve been living without it since I use firestarter)

3. DJ1 says:

I am unable to install on the OS5 setup on both my AFTV1/2 whereas the other 2 apk’s install fine.Has been reported by other members as well in your post.

Is there a compatible version of this apk available ? This is needed for customizing the wallpaper on third party android launchers.

4. Ted Miller says:

Having audio/video sync problems with CBS News app (CBSN) on Fire TV 2 box. At first, the video and audio seem to be in sync but the longer it plays, gradually they get out of sync. It seems to vary, sometimes taking only a few minutes to get out of sync while at other times taking an hour or so before before it’s noticable. But, it always happens.

To add to the mystery, the app works flawlessly on my Fire TV Stick. No sync problems regardless of how long the stream plays.

Also, I just received another Fire TV 2 box from Prime day. I connected this never before used Fire TV to my television and loaded only the CBS News app. It has the same sync issues as my other Fire TV 2 box. So, even a new, pristine Fire box that has never had anything besides the CBS News app on it still has the problem. Given that, it doesn’t seem likely to be an issue/conflict with something else loaded on my other Fire TV box.

Any ideas on what might be happening? Anyone else experiencing this?

5. chihuahua says:

Hey AFTVnews, I would like to ask… Do you think we will ever see a cold boot option that will give us instant access to some custom firmware or a selected app like Kodi on start-up? I am currently running the latest pre modded fire tv firmware.

kind regards,

6. Masterblaster says:

What are some features in hardware or software you would like in the possible updated AFTV 3 or Stick?
    I hope your feeling better. Thank you.

7. Robert says:

Thanks for that review of the 1byone bluetooth keyboard. Rather than just evaluate its suitability as a remote replacement, I’d really like to see a review that looks at how well the various keyboards function with sideloaded web browsers and other productivity apps on the Fire TV. Cut, copy, paste, and especially drag and drop are tricky to implement on keyboards that include trackpads. How does the 1byone function with those commands?

8. Damien says:

Hi its Damien from Twitter
    In response to your what do we like about the podcast..

I like the technical part and really would like more in depth coding/trickz.

I am only 14 if that explains more.
    Also i was excited so i bought a aftv forums Name but did not activate. Cant wait for the forums

9. nevin says:

tried to brick firestick its locked up wont do anything now when i plug it in amazion firestick comes on wont leave that screen anyway to unlock it

10. Peter Waas says:

Could you get this thesis bound by tomorrow? Does ‘by tomorrow’ mean ‘early in the morning’, ‘at the end of the day’ or ‘anytime tomorrow’?