Post your Questions & Topics for tomorrow’s AFTVnewscast 47

I’ll be live streaming this week’s episode of the AFTVnewscast, at this link here, tomorrow at 1:30pm PT, as I do every Friday. Post your questions or topics in the comments below for me to answer and discuss during the episode. Anything goes for questions, whether it’s about the Fire TV, AFTVnews, or tech in general. Let’s hear them! Even if you can’t watch live, ask your question now and catch the episode on YouTube later.

1. Big John says:

Would you consider adding a forum to your web site? I think it would make a great compliment to your blog postings and the AFTVnewscast. It would be an easy way for community members to share tips, comments and questions about the various Fire TV versions as well as other things Amazon and/or streaming media related. Thanks.

2. cdlenfert says:

If someone (like me) likes the option of FireStarter and is also rooted, what’s the best OS version to be on? I don’t want to miss out on good features and bug/performance improvements, but I’d also like to keep FireStarter up and running for now.

Thanks Elias!

3. luthersman says:

is there a way to permanently change the launche on the firetv 1 or 2 . I want something that will be the default launcher not a firestarter or firedtv that launches on top.

4. damien says:

I will make an unofficial forums.

if Elias doesn’t have a problem.

OK a comment.

I watched the podcast as usual last week.

But at my moms house.

now there is a AFTVNEWS square burnt into the tv lower right corner.

Just a heads up

5. James says:

kodi is no longer showing up on recently used app list on my ftv2.

happend to anyone else?

6. Tony says:

Hello Elias,

I’ve been delaying updating my prerooted fireos3 box to prerooted fireos5 for various reasons but will eventually make the leap. Regarding updating, I have a lot of app installs moved to the external USB drive & was wondering if those apps will continue to run properly off the external usb drive after updating to fireos5?

Or will I need to move those apps back to internal storage and maybe reinstall some of the apps all over again?

7. Wrecks says:

Can you hook up a web camera to a Fire TV and have a live teleconference with other people?

8. Jared says:

Is custom recovery still coming to the FTV Stick?

Have there been any updates from rbox in reguards to status?

9. Lori says:

Hi Elias,

Thoughts regarding PlayOn?

10. chihuahua says:

Hey AFTVnews,

I would like to know if you know of anybody who is working on a cold boot custom firmware for the Fire TV2 on the latest root-able firmware?

It would be nice to ditch the standard GUI and remove all of the bloatware!