NFL Now comes to the Amazon Fire TV

nfl-now-header

NFL Now, the National Football League’s brand new online network, has just been released on the Amazon Fire TV. The NFL announced their new online network near the beginning of the year with promise that it would be making its way to streaming devices before the end of the year. They’ve made good on that promise by first releasing the app on the Apple TV last month, and second on the Fire TV today.

The app is a great step forward, but still not what cord-cutting NFL fans are after. The app is missing the one feature most fans want, which is the ability to stream live games. What the app does offer are highlight videos, live press conference analysis, and access to the league’s NFL Films vault. Some of this content is free, while full access requires a $1.99 a month subscription. The NFL has stated that games will eventually be available a la carte through the app, but they’ve refused to comment on live streams.

1. JRock says:

This maybe OT, but is there a way to mirror an android device screen on aftv without root? I have the NFL app on my (verizon) work phone, and it will stream live games, but can’t find a way to mirror it on aftv without root.

2. earl says:

if amazon fire tv had live NFL football i would shut off my tv cable service because of increasing terrible tasteless commercials i have to watch unwillingly

3. Lindanne says:

If amazon fire TV had live NFL football, I would shut off my cable service because of rising cost, poor service, and I have not watched a TV show in over a year.

• Marvin A says:

I’m with you. Fire TV need live streaming NFL games. Come on Amazon help us to kill cable TV and satellite TV.

4. Randall says:

I get this We’re sorry You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions.

5. helen bridges says:

geographical restrictions sooooo suuuuckkkkk
    come on NFL give Amazon fire “the stream”

its the only “TV” we have