New software update for Amazon Fire TV 3 is rolling out

The 3rd generation Amazon Fire TV is currently receiving a new software update. The update retains the same 6.2.1.2 software version as the previous update, put increases the build value from NS6212/926 to NS6212/927.

Amazon’s Fire TV Software Update page now has this new version listed but doesn’t give us any hints as to what has been fixed or changed. It only says that “this software update includes general improvements and bug fixes.”

After installing the update, the Fire TV began updating my voice remote to software version 137, but I can’t say for sure that the new Fire TV software version and the new remote software version are related. As always, if you notice any changes or improvements with this new software version, please mention it in the comments below.

1. Mark B says:

I have to say I really hate the BS secrecy companies employ when putting out updates.

2. Charlie says:

Elias, Is the FTV3 the FTV you use as a daily driver?

3. BobD says:

I got the update, but yes, no idea what it did.

4. shwru980r says:

I guess it’s only a matter of time before a new feature is only available on the fire tv 3.

5. 06MonteSS says:

I noticed that this new update it did, with the remote update too, that it killed MouseToggle app.. I can get the cursor to appear and can move it around, but can not select anything… clicking the button does nothing…

6. Roberto says:

Any news about root for 3g fire tv

7. rd3 says:

anyone using this version having problems with updating the remote? I just got my FTV3 and it updated this on startup. However, my remote says it needs an update but the update never completes(actually I don’t think it even starts) it just times out eventually. Then everything works. But everytime you start it tries the update again. Tried to go to remotes and force the update from there but no luck. The remote version is 131. I think it is trying to go to v137.