New NHL app brings live hockey games to the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

The NHL have just released a new app for all Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Edition television models. The new app gives access to NHL TV where hockey fans can watch out-of-market games live and on demand. The app features a free game of the week to give it a try, but you’ll generally need an NHL TV subscription to enjoy everything the app has to offer. Games through the NHL app are streamed in HD at 60 frames per second.

1. Richard says:

About time! I’ve been grumbling at the NHL for years now for their refusal to have an Android TV/ Fire TV app.
    Now I can retire my Roku’s.

• Tim Hunter says:

No kidding. I used to have to run Kodi w/ an extension to watch my NHL Gamecenter on my Fire TV Stick. Too late now as I use my Xbox One to watch the games now, but better late than never and should help some people.

2. Jp says:

Anyone know? Will cable sub logins work for this or do you need to sub the nhl site specific package?

• Ujn Hunter says:

NHL Gamecenter Live or NHL.TV, I guess it’s called now… doesn’t have anything to do with Cable. So, no, there is no cable sub login. You will however still need Cable if you want to watch any Nationally broadcasted games or local teams games, as they will be blacked out on NHL.TV for you.

3. David says:

Directv Center Ice subscription gives access to NHL TV.

• Tim Hunter says:

Does it really? I didn’t realize that… do you know if Xfinity Comcast Center Ice does as well? I’d rather buy a subscription that worked through Cable TV & Internet for one price than just the Internet, but I don’t have DirectTV.

4. John says:

can someone pls kindly extract the apk file?

Thank you.

5. Ray says:

Doesn’t allow Canadian subscribers through Rogers Gamecentre to log in which sucks.

6. Richard says:

I just spoke to NHL support to try to get any answer to a question for this app and was told that the FireTV & FireTV Stick were unsupported devices. Has Amazon released pirate software or does the NHL have NO IDEA what they’re doing?