New minor Fire TV update rolling out

update-header-51.1.1.0_user_511070220

Amazon is starting to push out another new software update for the Fire TV. This is a different version from the update we wrote about 2 weeks ago. This update carries the label 51.1.1.0_user_511070220, where as the previous update was labeled 51.1.1.0_user_511069920. We assume this is a minor update since the version number (the numbers before the “_user” part) 51.1.1.0 has not changed. Only the build number has changed from 511069920 to 511070220.

Those of you with rooted Fire TVs will be happy to hear that this new update does not block the current towelroot rooting procedure. If your Fire TV is rooted, you can safely update to this version. You will lose root after updating, but you can simply use the towelroot apk to gain root again.

If you’d like, you can download the update at this url. We haven’t tested it personally, but you can probably follow our guide to manually apply this update just like the previous version. We’re still figuring out what changes this update brings. If you’ve received the update and have noticed anything different, let us know in the comments below.

1. Carlos Buso says:

I have this update and towelroot says that this phone is not supported.

2. Jeremy DeStefano says:

Am I the only one who’s unit still hasn’t even gotten the last update? I’m still on 51.1.0.2_user_510058520. I used to have the blocking place in my router, but I removed it two weeks ago.

• AFTVnews says:

There are still many people on 51.1.0.2. I’d say the majority are still no that version since it is technically still the official current version.

3. Jeremy DeStefano says:

Just as a follow-up, I tried it through my mobile hotspot to cut the router out completely – still no good. I should also add that I am not rooted, and only have a few apps sideloaded (xbmc, etc)

4. Trongthuan says:

I used to block Ota throught Method 1 and now it is unblocked. Today i just check update, but i get a massage said : update error
    My device in 51.1.1.0_user_511069920, used to root, factory reset after try a root and block Ota
    Im wondering if someone help me

5. crazylegs says:

cool.. i was on 51.1.0.2_user_510058520. I got tired of waiting for the update and did a quick root with towelroot V3, and pushed the update to it. Now im on the latest 51.1.1.0_user_511070220… Thanks!

6. Jacob Fisher says:

My favorite artist is blocked for me due to my country :( – I think i will try a vpn like arcvpn to see if it unblocks me.