New BET app arrives on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

Similar to NBCUniversal, Viacom has been on a bit of a new app spree for the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, with the latest arrival being a new BET app. As you’d expect, the layout and functionality of the app is identical to other Viacom apps like Comedy Central, which I reviewed in detail, and MTV. Unlike most apps released by media conglomerates, Viacom’s apps actually have quite a bit of free content, including full episodes, that you can watch without needing to activate the app with a cable provider. Other Viacom properties that we’ll hopefully see Fire TV apps for in the future include Spike TV, Logo TV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., CMT, and VH1.

1. D3adpool says:

This is just like the roku version: no live stream option whereas the android/phone version does.

2. Sharon says:

Can we get all the providers like xfinity comcast or dish network I was waiting for the the arrival of the firestick now that it is here. Not one of my providers are there

3. Shanun says:

I’m trying to download the bet app on my fire stick but when I go on line on my phone I have bet app on my phone the bet app appears I can’t put the code in for my fires stick

4. Nea Beverly says:

I really don’t see the point. Most cord cutters own fire sticks. If I had cable I would just watch on demand and wouldn’t need the fire stick except for Netflix, Hulu, etc. BET offer the subscription services for less than $5 per month to countries outside of the US. Why not offer that here? Smh

5. Mizz says:

Can a friend come over and insert her cable provider password and username info if she wants to watch Bet and put in my fitestick code to allow it if I don’t have the cable she wants to watch????

6. de"Marius says:

I’m having the same issues as Shanun and Ebony.

7. Tiqiula says:

My cable company is not listed. So why offer me the services if I cannot really have it. Then offer me a package deal to purchase just to watch it. No thanks!

8. tariq says:

Why do I have to keep putting in a code to watch BET??? It should be one time and that’s it.

9. SIDONIE RICHARDS says:

MY TV PROVIDER XFINITY IS NOT AN OPTION TO ACCESS BET. WHY????