Netflix increases new subscriptions to $10 a month — Current subscriptions will increase in a year

Netflix has raised their subscription fee for new subscribers from $8.99 a month to $9.99 a month. At that price you get HD streaming on two devices simultaneously. The 4 simultaneous stream plan, which also includes 4K streaming, has increased from $10.99 to $11.99. The basic 1 stream standard definition plan will remain $7.99 a month.

Existing subscribers will be grandfathered into their lower priced plan for 1 year before it too increases. If you’re still paying $7.99 per month for two simultaneous streams from before the May 2014 price increase to $8.99, then you’ll also be moved up to the new $9.99 price once your 2 year grandfathered in rate ends.

1. Robert says:

I’m still on the $7.99 for 4 screens and UHD, anyone know when that price ends?

• AFTVnews says:

If you log into your account, it should tell you when your subscription price will increase.

• Robert says:

No date listed on main account page, and under the change plan link, or billing details. Can’t find a date listed anywhere, just lots of mentions you are on a special price for your plan.

2. Dr. Popo says:

Great, I just cancelled ity last night….

3. Len Mullen says:

I jumped on the Prime deal last month. Buh bye Netflix. No such thing as too big to fail.

4. BillH says:

$11 a month for new subscribers? I am on $8 plan but $11 is pushing it. That is pretty expensive but Netflix makes a lot of solid shows like Daredevil and Narcos. Narcos is one of my favorite shows right now. On top of that, I get so many shows and it is the entire series like Supernatural and Criminals Minds. I use Netflix more than XBMC (i know xbmc has those shows as well but it doesn’t look as good as netflix and not as convenient), hulu, hbo, showtime, etc. I think there is more bang for your buck with netflix over hbo and showtime subscription.

• Gary says:

Same here.
      Netflix streaming technology is way better than others ( at least for my setup and a place where I live ). I tried Amazon prime,Hulu,HBO & showtime , the picture looks sometime better than Netflix but I experienced frame drop and jitters ( not very smooth ). I have very fast internet connection and not so many devices connected in my LAN , I also use Ethernet cable to watch Netflix on Samsung SUHD.

I would be happy to pay little extra for Netflix technology and their superior delivery. I honestly wish to watch Amazon Prime on AFTV once they improve the streaming technology.

5. Dan says:

Kodi Genisus is saving me another $1 per month.

6. Dave69 says:

Ive stuck with because I was grandfathered, but once that ends I’ll be able to come or go as I please. Probably more gone.

7. Pedro says:

Title is right, but there is a typo in description, new subscribers price has increased from $8.99 to $9.99 and not from $9.99 to $10.99

8. Kyle says:

That’s strange, I got an email from Netflix saying the price for new subscribers was going from $8.99 to $9.99 a month.

Where are you getting this $10.99 a month price from?

9. Brian says:

They better start bringing some newer movies in or I’m done. Starting to get into premium movie channel rates. I took advantage of the Amazon “Transparency” deal, movie selection about par with Netflix. Using the hell out of prime music at home and on my phone at work. About the only thing watched on Netflix lately is orange is the new black.

10. PartTimeChef says: