MLB at Bat app arrives on the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick

Major League Baseball has just brought their MLB.com at Bat app to the Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. The app allows baseball fans to watch the game of the day and out-of-market games if they’re subscribed to MLB.TV’s premium service. You’ll also find on-demand highlight clips, scoreboards, schedule calendars, and much more.

1. ToeRag says:

not sure why you are bringing notice to this? I’ve been using the app for quite awhile. I watched the entire last season using it.

• Pawdog says:

I think the app must have gotten a name change so it actually shows up on the Appstore as a new app.

• AFTVnews says:

Sorry about that. I was short on time but still wanted to let people know about the new app, so this post was a bit rushed. The old “MLB.TV” app is being phased out and replaced by this new app. I should have mentioned that in the post.

2. Mr hockey says:

Where’s the NHL network, cmon!!!!

3. Jack says:

Not sure I understand this one. I’ve been a Dodger fan all my life (at age 68, I was a fan when they were still in Brooklyn). I live in South Carolina. Will this app let me actually watch all Dodger games with my Fire TV stick for $20 a year?

• Pawdog says:

Yes you can watch our Dodgers, almost every single game. I watch from Louisiana. It’s quite a bit more than $20.00 a year though. It starts at 112.00 and gets lower as the season goes on. They have a single team plan for about 20.00 less. Best money I spend all year. Go to MLB.TV for all the details.

• Devin says:

It’s more than $20. I think that’s the price for radio broadcasts. The full season of tv is $120.

In South Carolina you would likely be able to see every Dodger game except those when they are playing the Braves or ESPN Sunday games. In both those situations you would need to watch on TV.

I’ll agree with other comments. MLB has been on the Fire TV for years.

• hawkstead says:

Jack, if your carrier is t-mobile, you can get the MLB package for free, then stream away. I’m on at least my third season saving me $100+/yr. I just can’t see Red Sox here in NH due to blackouts. But MLB let’s you watch a blackout game 90 minutes after the game ends, which is great to watch an early start afternoon game when I get home from work, or to watch in the morning for those late night west coast starts when my Sox play the Brooklyn Bums.

You’d be watching every Dodgers game in SC on your Firetv, my friend. Free.

The catch is the deal is offered on 1 day each year but it’s so good I set a calendar reminder.

See you in the world series.

4. Ted Danson says:

It’s missing the MLB Network live stream that is present in the Android app.

Also the old Fire TV app is now disabled and will not work so you need to upgrade.

Use a DNS solution to get around the blackouts. :)

5. Ichijoe says:

To those pointing out having used this before now. I would ask, are you sure your not confusing At Bat with MLB.tv? ‘Cause I know you could get MLB.tv before now, and for the Shiled TV (Sorry to keep bringing​ it up, but since I got it, I gave the AFTV2, to my Old Man.), But, AFAIK At Bat was NOT a TV App untill this Post.

Now I suppose the better question may be; What’s the point of it? Since this App technically does nothing better than what MLB.tv did. Other than being able to directly search for it using that known name, than MLB.tv.