Logitech Harmony Smart Remote w/ Hub on sale for $74.99, down from $130

The Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Remote is on sale, today only, for $74.99 on Amazon. This is the lowest price this remote has ever been. The Logitech Harmony remote is one of the few universal remotes capable of controlling the 1st and 2nd-gen Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. It comes with a bluetooth capable hub that translates the remote’s RF signals into bluetooth. Even though the 2nd-gen Fire TV has switched to wifi-based remotes, it is still compatible with bluetooth remotes like this Harmony remote. Amazon even specifically improved the 2nd-gen Fire TV’s compatibility with this remote in one of the recent updates. The included hub lets it control many different devices including Fire TVs, Fire TV Sticks, Rokus, Apple TVs, Xboxs, Playstations, and even PCs. Logitech calls this remote “future-proof” because they regularly update its software to support new devices, and I believe them because they were quick to add 1st-gen Fire TV support within 2 months of it being released.

1. Erdinc says:

Is there a remote that control an HDTV and fire TV/ other android boxes?

2. vulcan195 says:

I bought and programmed the FLIRC ($22 from Amazon) and it works wonderfully with my Harmony Remote 650 which I bought a couple of years ago for $30 (used). Only thing that does not work is Voice Search.

3. Clive says:

Don’t think it includes the hub…?

4. Primaryforce says:

In the “Features and Details” section it states “Included Harmony Hub . . .” It could be error but the remote is not much use without the hub.

5. Ray Fox says:

Sweet! Jumped on this deal. Had some points on my card so I scored this puppy for $39! Thanks AFTV News!

6. h2testw says:

I’ve had this remote for over 2 years now and I love it. Always worked with whatever I threw at it.

7. Joe says:

Will this remote support multiple FireTv devices in different rooms? If so does it affect them all at once or are they unique?

• HeffeD says:

If they’re within bluetooth range of the hub, it may work. I’d test this for you, but my upstairs unit is on the opposite side of the house from the hub I have in the basement. I just use two hubs, and the mobile app can control multiple hubs. (Using the mobile app, you can also control your devices through the cloud if you aren’t at home)

I do know that the hub can do a network device scan, and it sees both of my Fire TV’s, so I’m just assuming that it would treat each one as a unique device.

Be aware though, that the Smart Control has a device limit of 8.

8. MrG says:

The other beauty of the Harmony Hub is by setting it up to work with SmartThings and IFTTT you can use these with an Echo to turn your TV on/off by voice.

9. xnamkcor says:

I’ve never been overly satisfied with any of the Harmony models with screens. The 10-25 USD of the 100-300 Series was satisfying, but the jump to 50-100 USD for the screened models didn’t seem worth it. Along with the feeling that all the things I did clumsily on the screen could have been done with hardware buttons the “lower” models have more of anyway. The only thing I miss is the Bluetooth/RF features. I’d pay 35-50 If they came out with a Bluetooth/RF capable model with no screen.